Why Work for United Way:
Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads, you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We love what we do, and we do it with conviction and purpose because we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. Plus, we offer excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and a great work-life balance. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team.
Objectives & Expectations:
This position manages data systems and partnerships as part of the Community Impact (CI) team. CI works directly with community-based organizations, government and private-sector partners, and community members to identify and address problems too big for any of us to solve alone. This position will support UWSHR staff and our partners in collecting and analyzing data, data-driven decision making, data capacity-building, and alignment toward strategic goals.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead data integration efforts across the CI team to refine a system of shared measurement incorporating community investments grantees, direct services programs, and collective impact initiatives.
- Maintain and develop data systems related to population-, program-, and participant-level measures
- Analyze data, translate findings, and create reports that communicate impact to a variety of audiences
- Partner with Community Investments and Engagement Manager with reporting process for community investments grantees, including facilitating training on Results Based Accountability framework and shared measurement, report planning and construction, and analyzing and reporting results
- Maintain and continue growing the Greater Hampton Roads Community Indicators Dashboard, serving as liaison to key stakeholders and community partners to support collaboration and data-driven decision making across the region
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategy & Innovation and the Database Manager to support community data integration and innovation across departments within the organization
- Support the creation of departmental goals, metrics, and accountabilities tied to the community agenda
- Present findings and make recommendations on community impact strategies by developing a deep understanding of local data, relevant research, and best practices
Key Skills Requirements:
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and experience working with data visualization tools (Tableau, ArcGIS, etc.)
- Experience in program evaluation, systems of measurement, and general data management practices (collection, analysis, communication, distribution)
- Ability to translate research to practice, communicating relevant data and best practices to a variety of stakeholders and audiences"
- Ability to communicate clearly, establish and maintain relationships, work collaboratively, and incorporate feedback from a wide range of stakeholders while ensuring timely progress on projects
- A deep understanding of local and national issues in human services, community health, and social determinants
- "Self-starting problem-solver, with a high-level of intellectual curiosity to explore new ideas and innovative approaches"
- Experience incorporating an equity lens and the perspectives of multiple stakeholders and communities in the decision-making process
- Familiarity with Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) processes for human services preferred
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.