The Annual Fund Gifts Manager will be charged with strategically developing and managing robust cultivation and stewardship programs for all donors to United Way NCA, including workplace donors, and specifically for strategically developing and managing a robust solicitation program for Annual Fund level donors (i.e. donors giving $999 or less annually). The Manager will be responsible for exercising independent judgment to achieve Annual Fund gift revenue goals and will work closely with the Director, Major Gifts, CDO, VP of Resource Development, VP of Community Impact and specific volunteers.
Possess and adhere to United Way NCA’s core competencies and guiding principles.
- Serve as the knowledge expert to build and execute strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and growth of Annual Fund gifts. This includes developing a portfolio of current and prospective donors with identified revenue and growth goals by measurement of meaningful interactions (phone and email conversations, cultivation and stewardship mailings, etc), and solicitations.
- Ability to raise the Annual Fund portion of the Philanthropy Team revenue goal in undesignated funds to United Way NCA.
- Ability to effectively develop and manage a stewardship program that is an example to our nonprofit partners and community. Including the management of all donor acknowledgement and thank you processes.
- Use independent judgement to develop meaningful ways to engage giving society donors and prospects through cultivation, stewardship, and engagement in events and volunteer opportunities with the goal of growing membership and revenue for United Way NCA. Ability to manage giving societies as assigned.
- Create and implement customized giving opportunities for current and prospective Annual Fund donors by aligning donor interests with the Community Commitment. Collaborate with Philanthropy team in managing appeals.
- Create strategy and partner and collaborate with Resource Development campaign professionals to develop strategies to move a percentage of workplace Annual Fund level donors to giving outside of the workplace campaigns and directly to United Way NCA. Develop expert working understanding of Community Commitment strategy framing and identify opportunities to leverage and increase mission related giving among Annual Fund donors.
- Maintain current and accurate portfolio and pipeline information in our database.
- Demonstrate superior stewardship and customer service skills both internally and externally.
- Be responsible for managing expenses.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in penetrating and navigating complex, multi-site, and corporate accounts.
- Experience working within a team environment, leveraging shared resources to generate growth.
- Experience managing tasks and projects.
- Must have knowledge of local philanthropic community.
- Proven experience in fundraising.
- Experience in dealing with corporate culture, executive level contacts and involvement of corporate culture philanthropy.
- Demonstrated ability to meet predetermined revenue goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Understands general business and financial principles required to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for performance, such as pipeline management and forecasting.
- Minimum 3-5 years in fundraising experience for high volume institutions and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with organizational levels within a diverse environment.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, organizational, and time management skills a must.
- Proficient in donor customer relationship management (CRM) databases, including Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
Successful candidate must pass criminal background and reference
United Way of the National Capital Area
1577 Spring Hill Road, #420, Vienna, VA 22182