When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
About United Way of ANYTOWN
We are looking for a results driven, motivated, highly collaborative, team-oriented individual to join our fast paced environment and dynamic team here at UWNEFL.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a fundraising and event planning position within the United Way of Northeast Florida Resource Development team. It is responsible for the achievement of revenue and membership goals for the affinity groups: Women United and Atlantic Circle.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop a multi-year plan to increase the number of Women United and Atlantic Circle members while retaining current members. Include methods to engage and deepen the understanding, commitment and support of donors.
- Provide strategic direction to the Atlantic Circle and Women United committees: plan meetings, recruit new members, and staff events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; Public Relations, Communications, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated success in relationship management/fundraising, volunteer management and event planning
- Plan and execute Affinity Group events (networking, professional development and volunteer projects) in coordination with volunteer committees to demonstrate and exemplify the mission and community impact of United Way.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.