Manager Advancement and Data
Job Title: Manager of Advancement and Data
Reports to: President/ Chief Executive Officer
Location: Winchester, Virginia
FLSA: Full Time, Exempt
Purpose of Position: The Manager Advancement and Data works closely with the CEO to achieve fundraising and outreach goals for the organization. This includes supporting the annual campaign, special events and fundraisers. The position will also work with the Community Impact team to support communication and data management for grant management and the fund distribution process.
- Work with the CEO to:
- create and implement a plan to achieve the campaign fundraising goals.
- Plan, organize and conduct the Annual Campaign.
- Secure the support of corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Develop strategies and plans for continuous quality improvement.
- Cultivate emerging companies and forge new UWNSV partnerships.
- Ensure the implementation of campaign strategies to meet financial goals.
- Monitor resource development progress and project anticipated results.
- Create best practices in gift processing and financial opportunities for donors to create excellent donor experiences.
- Identify growth-potential companies to engage with UWNSV and grow in campaign participation, corporate giving, grants, and volunteer engagement.
- Cultivate and develop new affinity campaigns and giving groups.
- Speak publicly on behalf of the organization: Educate about UWNSV mission, impact and community needs.
- Manage and implement year-round relationships with corporate partners to ensure long-term partnerships and support of the UWNSV’s programs.
- Manage relationships and key stakeholder prospects within accounts.
- Conduct meetings with volunteers regularly to assess progress. Assist in setting goals, task-identification, motivational ideas, timetables and schedules for responsibility areas, recognition, and reporting.
- Identification, recruitment, orient, and training UWNSV volunteers.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and guidance when sharing and implementing vision of special growth strategies
Data Management (35%)
- Develop proficiency with the organizational data management software and grant management software.
- Manage all donor data and input that data as required focusing on accuracy and best practices to optimize the donor management software and performance
- Track revenue generation, retention, and key business activity throughout the year; provide regular activity status; update projections to target, and conduct the appropriate account analysis to build and make recommendations to refine goals
- Manage centralized repository of United Way project reports and outcomes.
- Maintain current, detailed records of all Annual Campaign and Community Impact grant data.
- Research/maintain all relationship/contact management for key donors, including database management, recognition materials, and communications
- Prepare and analyze Community Impact grant reports to show outcomes and community impact.
Marketing and Communications (15%)
- Collaborate with the CEO to define and implement organizational strategy and, work to develop, implement, and achieve plans.
- Maintain website and assign staff member tasks to keep website up to date and current.
- Complete graphic design projects as needed using Canva, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Create print and online marketing materials and create a communication calendar
- Produce a monthly Newsletter keeping UWNSV patrons up to date
- Manage the virtual volunteer center, training agencies who use the site, and provide communications through the site.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, retention and recognition initiatives.
- Assist in the planning of community initiatives including, but not limited to the annual Day of Caring, Project Connect and fundraising events. Assist in coordinating all logistics to ensure a successfully executed initiative/event
Volunteer Outreach and Engagement (15%)
- In collaboration with the CEO
- Build donor, partner, and volunteer relationships across all sectors.
- Supervise volunteers and work with others to direct, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of engagement activities, including community programs, volunteerism, in-kind contributions, volunteer speakers, and community events
- Assess and respond to opportunities, while demonstrating solid judgement in carrying through project or program development.
- Assist with affinity group development, including, but not limited to the Women United group and the Society of Emerging Leaders Group
- Manage post initiative/event follow-up, including committee debriefs and thank you notes.
- Associates degree, significant progress towards a degree or equivalent and two-year minimum experience working in nonprofit, sales/marketing, or data management (required)
- United Way or other nonprofit experience (Desired). Knowledge of the community and bilingual is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills. (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (Required)
- Experience designing promotional materials in Canva or Adobe (Required)
- Must be able to manage a variety of projects and programs and be able to analyze, interpret and prepare data for internal and external use.
- Must be able to effectively organize and present information in group settings to instill confidence and increase overall engagement.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be a high-energy individual with a positive outlook.
The statements made herein are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Required degree level
- Associate Degree
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience
- $41,000 to $50,000 per year