The Manager, Accounts Payable is to honor request for vendor and employee reimbursement disbursements for UWW in a timely manner, to maintain supporting documentation in an orderly fashion and to ensure that proper internal controls are in place so that all disbursements are appropriate and according to policy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Accounts Payable & Vendor Transactions
- Ensure compliance with UWW expense policies and internal controls.
- Ensure that all vendor payments are accurate, with appropriate supporting documentation and approvals before payment is made
- Ensure accuracy and functionality of the Concur software and FLEX Credits database in Salesforce.
- Transfer data from Concur and Sales Force to Great Plains
- Ensure that all vendor payments are made timely
- Process weekly check runs
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Ensure all vendors comply with IRS, maintain 1099 files and file 1099/1096 forms
- Reconcile GL accounts as assigned
Employee Travel Expenses and Reimbursements
- Timely and accurate processing of employee reimbursements.
- Ensure required documentation is complete, approved and reconciled.
- Provide support to employees and administrative assistants to ensure reimbursements are provided timely and accurately.
- Reconcile staff credit cards monthly
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and adjusting entries.
- Ensure accuracy of AP aging schedules and prepare recommendations for accounts identified for adjustment.
- Support and assist with the annual independent audit.
- Ensure that all accruals, journal entries and reconciliations for Accounts Payable are done by the 5th business day of every month.
Administer UWW’s Flex Credits Program
- Processing of UWW’s Flex Credit Program which includes processing of credits provided to Local United Way members that can be applied to approved trainings and other programs.
- Process reimbursements.
- Serve as UWW contact for Local United Ways Flex Credit Program.
- Monitors program for consistency and adherence to organization policy.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of flex credit balances.
- Proficiency with Concur software and Microsoft Great Plains Accounts Payable.
Other accounting and A/P duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer and Internet research skills; flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required. Attention to detail is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with Concur Solutions and Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) software, a plus.
- Must be a team player with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and have excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter willing to implement process improvements.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.