POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts & Planned Giving Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time, Exempt
UNIT ORGANIZATION: Donor Relations
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $60,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This role is responsible for creating, managing, and implementing a year-round program to enhance relations among donors and volunteers. This includes the management of a portfolio
of qualified donors, engaging them, and moving them along a commitment continuum. This also includes the goal of increased revenue by providing leadership and expertise to develop
The major responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a recognition plan for leadership-level donors and a growthstrategy to move donors to new giving levels within the leadership categories.
- Identify and develop plans to recover lapsed or reluctant donors each year.
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of qualified, tiered donors, ascertaining and documenting their philanthropic aspirations.
- Promote the Planned Giving program.
- Develop strong relationships with leadership donors and communicate regularly as appropriate.
- Follow standards and procedures for management of the campaign/donor database.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of donor’s interactions and aspirations.
- Maintain records of planned and executed monthly outreach.
- Perform recruitment, training and support of Donor Engagement Committee, Board Members and Ambassadors (individual solicitors).
- Support the Donor Engagement Committee in their donor outreach goals.
- Support the Board of Directors in the management of Leadership (Tocqueville) level donors.
SUPERVISION: No direct supervisory duties; training of any United Way staff and volunteers regarding the duties involved in the cultivation and engagement of qualified donors.
High level of confidentiality and discretion needed. Individual has access to all donor history, confidential communications, and notes for individuals.
- 3-5 years fundraising or relevant experience. Education, internships, and volunteer work will be considered in lieu of professional paid experience.
- Experience with donor and volunteer engagement.
- Demonstrated fundraising and sales ability.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft office products.
Position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring long periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer. After hours and weekend event attendance occasionally.
Visit unitedwaynwvt.org for more information. Applications are accepted until 06/03/2022. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com