Purpose of the Position:
Under the direction of the Campaign Director advance a strategic fundraising plan to grow Leadership Gifts, Tocqueville Society, and help to establish and grow revenue from a Planned Giving Program, and coordinate efforts with all United Way campaign and fundraising efforts.
- Work with the Campaign Director to develop and implement annual strategic fundraising plan.
- Work with the Executive Director and Campaign Director in coordinating and growing the Alexis de Tocqueville Society based on annual gifts of $10,000 and higher.
- Identify, research, cultivate and solicit new Leadership Circle donors with annual gifts of $1,000-$9,999.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all approved annual Leadership Circle donor fundraising goals, managing targets and timelines. Including:
- Maintain and manage the current base of donors.
- Continued engagement and stewardship within and outside of workplace campaigns.
- Design a stable Leadership Circle Step-Up program providing incentives and support for higher level future donations.
- Design, coordinate, and lead leadership giving events.
- Work as a team member on special projects involving workplace campaigns and volunteering, including advancing strategic relationships with the University of Missouri.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement an endowment plan through various planned giving tools and strategies.
- Research, identify, cultivate and solicit new Planned Giving prospects.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for Leadership Circle, Tocqueville Society, and Planned Giving solicitations and activities.
- A successful professional history of advancing an organization through relationship building based on integrity and authenticity.
- A successful track record of advancing a program to secure major gifts and annual goals centered on fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters’ degree and / or relevant experience in related field preferred.
- Experience in nonprofit major gift and planned giving fundraising management and performance.
- Experience with donor database management systems, including documenting key conversations and pertinent donor information.
- Ability to understand complex organizations and systems and ability to work extremely well with peers, and as an active team member.
- Ability to seek creative and innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to take initiative.
- High level of prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with set deadlines/guidelines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse population.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications.