We are looking for a mission-minded, persuasive communicator who wants to make an impact in the communities we serve. The ideal candidate has sales-related experience and enjoys engaging people in conversations about helping others. The ability to build relationships with donors and stakeholders is key.
This position supports the planning, coordination and implementation of leadership gifts and major gifts. This position is responsible for the direct solicitation of gifts as well as for the coordination of other staff and volunteers in fundraising efforts.
The mission of the United Way of the Capital Region is to improve lives in the counties we serve, addressing the most pressing community needs. We strive to have a collective impact and develop lasting solutions for education, health care access, workforce development and basic needs because these are the building blocks for a better life for all.
- Develop and implement the annual goals and work plans for Leadership and Major Gifts programs.
- Track and report on progress of the leadership donors and major gifts programs throughout the year.
- Manage effective system for tracking and cultivating donors and prospects, providing progress reports throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain highly customized donor engagement plans and donor files.
- Identify, research and qualify prospective donors
- Manage relationships with donors and prospects
- Work cross functionally with Marketing/Communications to produce materials and tools to communicate regularly with donors and supporters.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in non-profit fundraising or sales-related experience
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, public speaking, group training/facilitation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors and key community leaders.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
This is a Full-Time, Exempt position with an annual starting salary of $40K- $42K and a generous employee benefit and retirement package.
All interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume by January 31, 2020 for consideration
The United Way is an equal opportunity employer.