United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Major Gifts Officer (MGO) who will be responsible for building and maintaining significant individual donor relationships. The MGO will have a strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and trends to develop and execute comprehensive relationship management strategies that achieve growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals for the individuals within their assigned portfolio.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manages a portfolio of 100+ major donors across UWGC’s footprint.
- Develops strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships with donors in assigned portfolio to complete qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Identifies the philanthropic goals and objectives of each assigned donor, establishing oneself as a primary resource and contact in their relationship with UWGC.
- Solicits and closes complex gifts for annual campaign, special projects, endowment, and/or planned giving.
- Ensures a comprehensive understanding of donors’ backgrounds. Develops and executes custom strategy for each donor to increase retention and higher levels of giving.
- Drives awareness of UWGC, its mission, fundraising, and needs to the individuals within assigned portfolio.
- Supports and promotes the annual Community Campaign, including coordination and integration of individual fundraising efforts.
- Engages key volunteer leaders in the implementation strategies within assigned portfolio.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Community Impact, Finance and Volunteer Connection as needed to tailor strategies for the individuals within assigned portfolio.
- Partners with stewardship team to achieve mutual goals of increased participation and retention.
- Records data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database accurately.
- Provides insight into the planning and execution of special events, participating in key events with donors, prospects, UWGC and the communities and agencies supported.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
- Five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fundraising procedures and philosophies.
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong relationships.
- Advanced computer competencies, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience with fundraising CRM preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills with high level of professionalism required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
- Expertise in project management, including the ability to simultaneously balance multiple projects and tasks in varying degrees of implementation.
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and reports for opportunity and risk identification.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
Competencies: Organizational/Strategic Planning, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient
Salary starting at $75,000 plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion