United Way of Palm Beach County is seeking a Major Gifts Coordinator to directly contribute to the mission of United Way of Palm Beach County (UWPBC) by providing administrative and fundraising support to the Director of Major Gifts by sustaining and growing the Tocqueville Society and stewarding major donor relationships.
United Way of Palm Beach County is a local organization whose mission is to ensure that everyone in Palm Beach County has access to the basics: a quality education, a place to live, financial stability, good medical care, and enough to eat. We do this by uniting the resources of donors, volunteers, agencies and the community. We act as a convener who unites all sectors of the community – business, education, local government, nonprofits, faith based, labor unions and the media – to collaborate on solutions to issues affecting our community. By forming these partnerships, we ultimately change lives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide administrative and fundraising support to the Director of Major Gifts in meeting the needs of the team internally and customer service for donors, philanthropists, and prospective donors.
- Provide all account follow-up that may include but is not limited to compose/draft letters; set-up appointments; schedule meetings; conduct research as needed regarding current and prospective accounts and individuals.
- Provide administrative support that includes but is no limited to typing; data entry; filing; word-processing; proof reading; taking meeting minutes; internal and external correspondence; report generation and queries; coordinating registration and food for receptions, luncheons, meetings, and events; assist with mailing projects.
- Serve as the lead administrator on all Tocqueville Society/Major gift events. Manage RSVP process, provide guest/sponsor correspondence, coordinate with Finance Department on billing and collections, and serve as central point on all administrative items for each event.
- Prepare Tocqueville reports and work closely with Resource Development, Finance, IT, and Operations teams to ensure data integrity.
- Provide telephone support for the team that includes but is not limited to answering calls, receptionist rotation, recording and delivering accurate messages, referring complaints and requests for information to appropriate staff and following up as needed.
- Scheduling, setting up, and providing virtual meetings or in person meetings, which includes recording, and completing meeting minutes.
- When appropriate, participate in various after hours and weekend activities that benefit UWPBC and the community.
- Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned, which due to the leadership role of UWPBC in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all UWPBC staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in office/administrative environment in support of senior level position.
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible to changes, able to work independently and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Andar experience.
- Knowledge of complex databases and ability to learn Andar software.
- Experience using Constant Contact, and Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Accurate word processing, excellent follow-up and general office procedure experience required.
Temporarily remote due to COVID 19
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task; able to perform in a fast-paced team environment, or independently, shifting priorities rapidly without losing focus or productivity. Must operate with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality. Spanish language not a requirement, but helpful.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Interested candidates may apply at: https://uwpbc.applicantpool.com/jobs/