Louisiana 211 Referral and Care Coordinator
United Way of Northwest Louisiana fights for the health, education, financial stability and essential needs of every person in our community. Our region covers Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Bienville, Claiborne, DeSoto, Red River, Natchitoches, Sabine and Winn parishes in Northwest Louisiana, which is nearly 500,000 people and includes the third largest city in Louisiana. We manage the SingleCare, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, and the 211 hotline. We house the Shreveport Financial Empowerment Center and run other proprietary programs.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Louisiana 211 Referral and Care Coordinator at United Way of Northwest Louisiana (Coordinator) will provide direct client services by delivering aligned, high-quality 211 referral and care coordination services, leveraging technology and "people-powered" processes. This staff-leading position will focus on serving clients within a specified region as part of a statewide network team. The coordinator will be trained and equipped to provide "closed-loop" referral and care coordination services. This position is a tempory, grant funded position to be funded through June 2024.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Collaborates with service providers to secure services needed to meet needs
- Provides effective referral and care coordination leveraging technology and available community referral resources using an established method and framework
- Leverages human service solutions available through the Louisiana 211 Referral Network and local relationships with service providers to locate help to meet identified needs.
- Effectively communicates and guides clients to secure services to meet client needs.
- Advises on other types of referral options and/or services available to help address root causes (Example: Addressing social determinants of health or chronic needs)
- Documents all actions of each referral until the referral loop is closed using secured technology systems provided
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university; Social Work or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of related work experience in nonprofits; 3-5 years of human service delivery to clients and/or direct social work recommended.
- Knowledge of community resources and the human service delivery system/ability to acquire knowledge quickly
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) databases
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented with the ability to manage and analyze data, including managing multiple tasks
- Excellent interviewing and cognitive skills (written and oral communications, logic, judgment, teamwork)
- Effective leadership skills appropriate to a customer-driven organization
- Ability to work well independently, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines/priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Result-oriented and personally accountable for expectations, timelines and measures
- Works 38 hours a week; ability to work outside the 8am to 5pm workday, weekends and at times of disaster, as requested/required
- Valid driver's license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation
Employees of United Way of Northwest Louisiana are expected to work from the office and travel regularly within out ten-parish footprint as job responsibilities require. Working away from the office would need to be coordinated with and approved by the President and CEO.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $41,000 to $50,000 per year