Louisiana 211 Project and Activation Statewide Manager
Supervisor: LAUW President and CEO
Location option: Louisiana in-state virtual
Louisiana 211 is a statewide network that provides free, confidential information and referral services 24/7 to help seekers in all 64 parishes in Louisiana. LAUW provides statewide leadership and project management for all Louisiana 211 statewide or multi-regional activated and funded projects.
The Louisiana 211 Project and Activation Statewide Manager will focus on the direct support of the Louisiana 211 Statewide Network as it delivers on aligned, high quality 211 services to the people of Louisiana.
This position will serve a critical backbone and project leadership role for Louisiana 211, interfacing regularly with regional 211 staff leaders, governmental partners, community partners and United Way partners. This leader will provide critical service functions during times of disaster and emergencies.
This position will be a high performer and servant leader who is enthusiastic and adaptive to a high degree of complexity. The focus of this role will be consistently placed on project management of established Scopes of Work for the contracts of the Louisiana 211 Statewide Network, under the direction of the President and CEO.
The Louisiana 211 Statewide Project and Activation Statewide Manager will cultivate trusting working communications and patterns with contract and community partners, and all organizations composing the Louisiana 211 Statewide Network for cooperative and effective service to the people of Louisiana.
As a member of the LAUW team, this leader also contributes to the success of the Louisiana Association of United Way’s mission by fostering a high performance and enthusiastic engagement in collective impact endeavors.
Project Management and Coordination
- Supports implementation, coordinates, and manages the completion of statewide projects of Louisiana 211 according to various scopes and deadlines as assigned by the LAUW CEO.
- Works collaboratively and convenes meetings as needed with 211 statewide network regional staff leaders to ensure contractual obligations and project goals are being fulfilled.
- Identifies opportunities for training to strengthen the Louisiana 211 network capabilities.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) implemented by Louisiana 211 and other supporting project documentation.
- Completes all necessary training and maintains a solid working knowledge of all technology tools and applications utilized in the delivery of Louisiana 211 services.
- Manages communications with assigned vendors directly engaged by LAUW in support of Louisiana 211 statewide projects.
- Oversees and ensures effective statewide data collection to meet contract requirements for reporting and quality assurance, and for other uses as determined that includes promoting Louisiana 211’s understanding of community needs and emerging trends.
- Manages assigned tasks related to the contractual backbone supports required by United Way 211 service delivery collaborative.
- Identifies best practices in the 211 statewide and national arena that contributes to the continued development and advancement of the Louisiana 211 Network.
- Serve clients and colleagues with empathy, sensitivity and care at all times.
- Safeguards client confidentiality.
Disaster Response Activation and Leadership
- Serves in an intensive and complex role during times of disaster and emergency, providing adaptive leadership to the Louisiana 211 network, working at a surge demand pace.
- Executes on established Standard Operating Procedures for disaster response and works continuously to strengthen processes for effective 211 disaster-mode services.
- Oversees daily production of 211 statewide reporting and tasks as outlined in plans and procedures.
- Reports in-person as needed to state agency Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs) or another assigned post during times of activation.
- Engages in intense collaborative work during the emergency phase of disaster activations that includes adapting to complexities during surge demand of services.
- Serves as a back up to the LAUW CEO and other LAUW teammates, as needed, to support business continuity for times of disaster.
- Maintains continuous communication with LAUW CEO and all working team members.
- Provides team leadership, problem solving supports and adaptive, servant leadership under pressure.
Administrative and Organizational
- Recommends improvement or new approaches to established processes and procedures for continuous organizational improvement that increases effectiveness and efficiency for Louisiana 211.
- Attends and participates in LAUW board and committee meetings, as requested.
- Performs all duties leveraging secured technology tools provided by the organization.
Desirable Skills and Qualities:
- Proven ability to manage collaborative work within a statewide network of organizations and partners
- Cross-sector experience leading large scale programs or projects, focused on human service delivery
- Proven ability to work independently within a team environment under supervision with defined guidelines and goals
- High computer proficiency with extensive experience working with complex data sets
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, analytical problem-solver, developed interpersonal relationship skills, social perceptiveness, active listener and problem sensitivity and exceptional time management.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work under pressure with resiliency
- Ability to adapt to demanding work requirements during times of disaster and emergency
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, partner agreements and other established processes and work with others to ensure compliance to standards, etc.
- Ability to travel across Louisiana with ease and work for extended stays at designated sites/posts, when needed
- Effective communicator with strong professional presentation and writing skills
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in social sciences, public administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-10 years in team leadership, including nonprofit, government or corporate leadership required
- Experience working in the information and referral or information systems, telecommunications or customer relations is beneficial
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The Louisiana Association of United Ways is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.