Inland Empire United Way is a leading nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening the Inland Empire by investing in the lives and futures of those in need. By operating several direct service programs and collaborating with a network of strong community partners, IEUW seeks to build brighter futures for youth and families in the areas of education, health, and financial stability. IEUW seeks talented, motivated team members who are passionate about improving our community and who are looking to be part of a dynamic team working to make EPIC changes in the Inland Empire.
Inland Empire United Way’s Community Programs Department develops, implements and manages programs meeting IEUW’s community impact goals in the areas of education, health and financial stability as well as increasing the capacity of local nonprofits through volunteerism. This work is accomplished through United Way-managed programs provided in partnership with local companies, schools, community organizations and volunteers as well as through an annual competitive grant-making process to local community partners. Programs include IEUW’s School Tools, Kids Pack, Launch Point, and ieVolunteers.
The Logistics and Warehouse Associate picks up and delivers IEUW program supplies. This position also assists in maintaining the warehouse, product inventory, and provides general support to help facilitate IEUW-managed programs. This part-time, non-exempt position for fewer than 30 hours per week reports to the Director of Community Programs.
Essential Functions 80%
- Pick-up or receive, load, deliver, and unload program supplies and donations
- Assist in making freight arrangements for large and/or long distance donations
- Assist in the distribution of surplus product to community partners
- Work with community volunteers on warehouse/inventory projects
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance and usage
- Ensure that facilities are clean, organized, and safe for program operations
- Complete approved community-building tasks that are necessary to further the mission of the department and the overall organization
- Successfully maintain performance parameters and improve skills through various means
Secondary Functions 20%
- Assist with general IEUW facility maintenance
- Aid in establishing and ensuring the continuation of positive and effective relations with program partners
- Maintain required paperwork in an updated, organized and properly filed manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with program partners, donors, staff and volunteers in a diplomatic and courteous manner
- Must be able to organize a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, define problems and pay careful attention to detail
- Must be available and able to work outside traditional working hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation, have a valid California Driver’s License, California minimum required insurance and a good driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the requisite essential functions.
This multi-faceted position involves sorting, packing, stocking, loading and unloading of program supplies; participating in community fairs, school makeover events and other off-site activities, including set-up and tear-down; driving for various assignments; assisting in projects which may include painting, drilling, or hammering; general maintenance of program facilities, including creating displays, hanging signage and light cleaning; managing volunteer projects, including set-up and clean-up; and a variety of other physical tasks. These activities involve the ability to twist, pull, push, lift, (up to 30 lbs.), bend, squat, climb, walk, stand, sit for extended periods; use of pallet jack and/or forklift (with proper training); manual dexterity for operating small tools & equipment; and visual acuity for driving and computer use.
Wage and Benefits
Wages $14.00 - $15.00 per hour, dependent upon experience. Benefits include accrued vacation and sick-leave and the option to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Lorraine Williams at LWilliams@ieuw.org. No calls or agencies please.
“Inland Empire United Way is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screen and drug test results.”
THIS COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY