United Way of Greater St Louis is seeking a Logistic Specialist (part time) in our Volunteer Center to play an essential role in the success and growth of the Service2Go program through reliable, accurate efficient inventory and volunteer coordination. The Logistic Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all products are ordered, sorted and ready for the event staff. Additionally, this role will recruit and lead groups of volunteers to aid in the sorting of products as appropriate. The weekly work schedule for this role will be an average of 20-30 hours with the potential to have full-time hours within the year depending on the Service2Go project calendar. Occasional weeknights and weekends may be required depending on volunteer groups and project calendar.
- Perform physical inventory and cycle counts to maintain accuracy.
- Maintain and update inventory records.
- Organize and sort inventory as needed.
- Order all products needed for upcoming projects.
- Track and manage the ordered product.
- Help develop inventory systems for future growth.
- Obtain timely approval of invoices and code and enter invoices accurately.
- Create and update volunteer program materials (job descriptions, policies, procedures, handbook, etc.)
- Lead the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of volunteers
- Will supervise volunteers and oversee volunteer group activities.
- Analyze feedback and volunteer insights to implement effective retention strategies.
- Periodically attend Service2Go projects.
- Contribute to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to take direction and/or work independently as needed.
- Strong organizational skills including excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive demeanor when engaging with volunteers, donors and other stakeholders
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive working relationships with all staff, volunteers and the overall community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to rent and drive minivan to travel to local venues 35-40% of time for projects or to pick up products, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or comparable experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in logistics coordination preferred;
- 1-2 years of volunteer organizing preferred.
- Ability to lift 25lbs on a consistent basis,
- Ability to open and breakdown cardboard boxes.
- Ability to work both in office environment and outdoors as venue requires
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends as required
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, rapidly shifting and evolving workplace.
- Innovative and open to exploring and implementing new ideas.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.