If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to intern for a great non-profit organization doing important work in our community, apply for our paid Loaned Executive Internship at United Way of King County (UWKC). Each year, UWKC hires Loaned Executive Interns, enrolled in a graduate program, to work as a fundraiser and community representative for United Way’s annual campaign.
This internship provides an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will have the opportunity to develop and hone skills in sales, customer service, project management, public speaking, and team building. As an intern, you will gain a unique perspective about community relations and development as you interface with businesses, government agencies, and other nonprofits. You will also gain valuable community knowledge and contacts, be a part of a positive team environment, and help raise funds to support your community.
• Team player
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Public speaking and presentation skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Enthusiastic and creative energy
The successful candidate must currently be enrolled in a graduate study program; having fundraising, sales, or marketing experience is preferred but not required. Daily use of an insured vehicle is required, as a big part of this work will be conducted offsite.
- Duration of position: This is a 14-week commitment from September 9 to December 13, 2019
- Hours: Part-time/20 hours per week
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule as companies often have campaign events outside of typical business hours
- You will have Thanksgiving Day and the day after off (November 28 & 29). Requests for time off will rarely be authorized during the 14-week period. However, we will work around your academic needs.
- Salary: $4200 total stipend (paid incrementally, bi-monthly)
Here are some reasons you should consider an internship with United Way of King County:
- Chance to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to play an active role in creating awareness and raising funds for programs that help families be more financially stable, end homelessness, and help kids of all ages succeed. Learn about the Seattle non-profit landscape.
- Network with community leaders and come out of the program with new connections, which may help facilitate a stronger career path.
How to Apply
Complete an application at our Careers Website: http://www.uwkc.org/about/careers.