Loaned Executive: The primary point of contact between companies and United Way volunteers and staff during the annual fund-raising campaign. Not only does this position allow for an opportunity to learn about the important impact work that United Way of Anchorage provides in our local community, it also allows for networking opportunities with local Anchorage business and corporations. The position requires a high degree of communication and negotiation skills along with the ability to fit into a wide variety of fund-raising environments. This is a part-time, temporary, salary exempt position that will run from August 13th, 2018 – November 21nd, 2018. The stipend for this position is $6000.
Objective: To assist companies in planning and implementing successful campaigns.
Reports to: United Way of Anchorage Workplace Campaign Director
Responsibilities: Skills required – note, staff will train and support Loaned Executives during their experience:
- Sales skills including new account research, preparing and conducting presentations and development of strategies to understand donor objectives and communicate the United Way story to Chief Executive Officers, Employee Campaign Managers and employee groups to grow participation and campaign contributions.
- Management skills including prioritizing, goal setting and projection maintenance using a computer database, time management, account management, plan implementation, resource utilization and campaign volunteer motivation.
- Goal and achievement orientation is a must. Communication skills including the ability to speak to people employed by a wide range of companies and the ability to use phones and computers.
- Assist employee campaign coordinators in developing successful campaign strategies
- Deliver campaign materials; act as a liaison for non-profit agency visits and speakers and assist with special events.
- Report on account progress to assigned United Way Staff throughout the campaign at weekly meetings.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Submit letter of interest and resume immediately to Jessica Salyer, 701 West 8th Avenue, Suite 230, Anchorage, AK 99501
Fax and email applications are acceptable: FAX: 907-263-3801; email: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 8/03/18
Open until filled