Allegan County United Way
Live United Associate – Allegan County
Reports To: Area Director – Allegan County United Way
Job Type: Part-time, 20-25 hours/week
SUMMARY: Allegan County United Way seeks an innovative and dynamic individual to support the United Way’s Impact Model and Engagement Model in Allegan County. These two models are designed to 1) support, develop and implement a range of impact solutions in health & human services that improve lives and create strong communities, and 2) engage individuals, corporations and agencies in that work through an annual campaign and volunteerism.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position’s work focuses on three implementation areas:
ANNUAL CAMPAIGN: To support the Area Director in the successful annual fundraising campaign through workplace campaigns in local partner companies and individual donors. Includes but is not limited to:
• Plan and conduct workplace campaigns with partner companies.
• Establish good working relationships with partner companies and campaign coordinators so that they can help operate effective and successful company campaigns. Annual workplace campaigns include, but are not limited to planning meetings, worksite presentations and follow up meetings.
COMMUNITY IMPACT: Support the Area Director in the implementation of the Impact Model. Includes but is not limited to:
• Participate in coalitions, initiatives and other summits that support the elements in the Impact Model.
• Manage and strengthen relationships with agencies engaged in the work of the Impact Model.
• Plan, implement and/or support United Way events and programs.
VOLUNTEERISM: Support the Area Director in operating the United Way Volunteer Center and its programs to grow impact-oriented volunteerism in individuals and through corporations. Includes but is not limited to:
• The annual Day of Caring event
• The United Way Financial Stability Initiative and its tax preparation and prescription assistance programs
• Stuff the Bus drives
• Serve as the Volunteer Recruitment Center for the county’s emergency management plan.
LOCATION & TRAVEL: The Allegan County United Way office is located at 650 Grand Street in Allegan, MI and serves as the hub for all United Way work in Allegan. Due to the nature of the annual campaign and community impact work, travel within Allegan County will be frequent. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Occasional travel outside of Allegan County may be required related to regional initiatives.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
A thorough and solid knowledge of non-profit organizations is desired. Excellent communication skills are required, as well as a demonstrated ability to communicate using verbal and/or written skills with agencies, community leaders, and the general public.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Allegan County United Way (ACUW) has a Local Board of Directors and operates through a service agreement with Greater Ottawa County United Way (GOCUW), which provides back office, employer of record and leadership support.
This is a part-time position, approximately 20 - 25 hours per week, with occasional evenings and weekends. Benefits include paid vacation time and a 403(b) plan. Starting pay range is $14-16/hour.
Please apply with cover letter and résumé to Kelly Kean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until an appropriate candidate is found, with the interview process being implemented on a rolling basis.