Request for Proposal: Legal Services
Reports to: Director of Administration
Contract Term: 18 months (Option for a 2-year extension)
SUMMARY OF REQUEST
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties is seeking a provider of legal services to advise the Board of Directors, President and CEO, and employees on all legal issues they may encounter related to the United Way.
To be considered, a proposal must be received on or before 5PM – September 15, 2019 to the following e-mail: email@example.com Attn: Ani Eliason
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of United Way Fresno and Madera Counties is to improve lives by elevating and uniting the caring power of community. We raise funds through workplace giving campaigns, provide a suite of comprehensive services via 2-1-1, Free Tax Prep, The Yield and conduct outreach and education in the community.
United Way is seeking counsel to advise the Board of Directors and staff on legal issues related to United Way business. These issues include but are not limited to employment law, corporate and tax-exempt organizational law, contracts and legal documents, litigation, claims, and disputes as necessary.
SCOPE OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED
In addition to regular legal advice, United Way also seeks the following deliverables:
- Revamp and develop contracts and lease agreements
- Review of all policies with recommendations, including personnel, fiscal, corporate by-laws, and other policies.
The following must be received by the proposal due date:
- Cover Page – The title page shall show the proposal subject, the firm’s name, address, contact name, and the firm’s California bar number and the federal identification number.
- Cover Letter – The cover letter should briefly state an understanding of the work to be performed, commitment to perform the work and statements as to why the firm or individual believes they are qualified to perform the work.
- Qualifications and Related Experience ‐ Sufficient information should be provided regarding qualifications of the firm or individual to meet the needs of UWFM
- Client References - Provide a listing of at least 3 current non-profit clients for which you or your firm is providing legal services. Please provide references’ full contact information.
- Additional Information ‐ Interested firms are encouraged to provide any additional information not otherwise requested that may aid United Way in awarding this professional service contract.
- Fee Structure ‐ Provide a proposed fee structure for this scope of work.
The below factors will be used when evaluating the proposals. The factors are not listed in order of importance.
- Responsiveness to Request for Proposal specifications
- Demonstrated capability to perform the type of work requested
- Qualifications of firm
- Client References