GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Leadership Programs Manager
Reports To (Title):
Director of Community Philanthropy
Date Last Reviewed:
April 3, 2018
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Trident United Way’s leadership programs. The Leadership Programs Manager will provide a comprehensive, strategic, integrated effort to provide engagement opportunities of individual leadership donors ($1,000 and above) to increase their level of support through annual giving, volunteerism and involvement.
Essential Function 1:
Leadership Donor Engagement
Serve as the staff manager for Trident United Way’s Women United, Young Philanthropists Society (YPS), African-American Leadership Council (AALC), Palmetto Society, and Tocqueville Society, developing strategies, processes, systems to support increasing leadership donors’ engagement with Trident United Way. Specific activities include:
- Work with staff lead to develop the business and stewardship plans for each group
- Lead creation and implementation of comprehensive year-round engagement calendars to fulfill stewardship needs for all leadership donors
- Manage budgets to include the advertising, events and other costs associated with leadership group management
Essential Function 2:
In collaboration with the Resource Development staff lead, communicate clearly, regularly and effectively with steering committee members of each leadership group, and with the entire body of members, as feasible, to build coordination, teamwork, enthusiasm and a sense of common purpose. Specific activities include:
- Create and distribute an appropriately branded quarterly e-newsletter for leadership programs to enhance communication with their members and build their engagement with TUW
- Coordinate or lead, when appropriate, creation of accurate and branded collateral for leadership groups
- Coordinate logistics for regular steering committee meetings, and record updates for documentation and follow-up.
- Plan, support and implement direct mail strategies, including appeals, to send to current and prospective donors
Essential Function 3:
Event Planning & Coordination
Develop, plan and implement strategic, data-driven, branded, mission-focused leadership events that recognize, steward and further cultivate current donors, volunteers and prospects, increasing their engagement with the organization. Specific activities include:
- Work collaboratively with resource development staff to create and hold strategic, data-driven, branded, mission-focused events that are well attended
- Handle details for events, from planning to executing, and to event close-out; conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and outcome reports.
- Work with and effectively manage high level volunteers to engage prospects.
- Input, track, and monitor donor touchpoints, gifts and accomplishments through Andar database and prepare required reports.
- Regularly participate in ANDAR Database training opportunities as appropriate for position
- Collaborate with marketing team and Resource Development team to develop fundraising materials and communications.
- Bring donor thoughts and reaction back to the organization and provide constructive feedback to the Community Impact and Marketing departments.
- Support interdepartmental team leaders with strategy and project management.
- Support Director of Corporate Development with Workplace Campaign Meetings, as requested.
- Participate in all TUW events and activities demonstrating the ability to be a good colleague, proactive collaborator and team builder.
- Function as an integral member of the RD team assisting with planning, solicitation, implementation and evaluation.
- Participates as a champion, project lead, and/or member of organizational development teams as required.
- Work outside normal office hours when required to include evenings or weekends and additional hours during peak times
- Minimum Associates Degree with 10 years relevant business experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of project management, program implementation, non-profit or fundraising experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse audiences
- Excellent planning and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- High-energy team player
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with good general computer skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
- This job requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Worker communicates with constituents, clients, and/or partners by phone and in person.
- Worker must frequently use typical office equipment (telephone, copier, printer, fax, etc.).
- Worker sits most of the time.
- Routinely required to walk and regularly travel by car.
- Primarily works in a climate controlled office-based setting.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.