This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vision: Community needs change over time, which is why United Way of Larimer County encourages nimble and innovative human services.
Mission: United Way of Larimer County leads philanthropy in our community, ensuring that gifts of time, talent and treasure address today's greatest needs - and reduce tomorrow's..
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for leading and growing leadership giving revenue and donors, including management of our Leadership Giving Circle, WomenGive, Loyal Contributor, and Legacy Society donor affinity groups.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the leadership giving portfolio with annual goals to increase revenue and donors through their respective programs.
- Through data development and research, generate a pipeline of prospective donors and establish a priority list for contact and solicitation.
- Lead cultivation efforts including a minimum of 12 in person donor visits per month.
- Provide support to Corporate Engagement Managers on the development of effective leadership giving strategies within existing business partnerships to retain and grow their leadership level donors.
- Oversee WomenGive program
- Develop goals, objectives, policies, procedures and timetable for program’s development and implementation
- Responsible for oversight of membership recruitment, cultivation and retention strategies.
- Supports and supervise WomenGive staff (Membership Manager and Program Coordinator positions).
- Support WomenGive initiatives including events and volunteer committee management
- Maintain working relationship and contract negotiations with the Women’s Foundation of Northern Colorado.
- Work with WomenGive staff on programmatic direction and strategy, providing updates to key constituencies as appropriate.
- Manage the Loyal Contributor program that consists of donors giving 10 years or more to United Way of Larimer County.
- Develop, implement and manage Legacy Society program for deferred/planned giving.
- Track communications with constituents in donor database.
- Provide excellent customer service to all constituents.
- Attend meetings and special events as required.
- Utilize organization CRM platforms including Andar, iAttend and Constant Contact.
- Serve as an ambassador for United Way’s vision and mission in the community.
- Maintain excellent communication with all staff.
- Attend and participate in Resource Development and other United Way staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years’ nonprofit development and/or membership management experience required.
- Demonstrated fundraising success.
- Strong administration skills required.
- Experience utilizing a database to analyze and query data required.
- Proficient computer skills required (Microsoft Office suite).
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and leadership skills required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Dynamic, energetic and driven personality required.
- Attention to detail and analytic and strategic thinking required.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and in a flexible environment required.
- Ability to work professionally and diplomatically with a variety of community members.
- Ability to work nonstandard hours (mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends).
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting while working at a computer and occasional fast-paced operations and events.
- $60,000 - $70,000
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.