United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Leadership Giving Officer who will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and expanding significant individual donor relationships across UWGC’s portfolio. Ensures the development and execution of comprehensive relationship management strategies and the achievement of assigned growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals for the individuals within assigned portfolio. Tailors and executes the initiatives necessary to establish and preserve the United Way as the primary philanthropic conduit between individuals, their employers, and the communities in which they operate. Ensures the delivery of a year-round engaging experience for all donors and volunteers. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manages portfolio of top-level individual donor relationships across UWCG’s footprint.
- Ensures deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between the donors and prospects within assigned portfolio are qualified, cultivated, and stewarded.
- Identifies the philanthropic goals and objectives of each individual and prospect, establishing oneself as a primary resource and contact in their relationship with the United Way.
- Ensures a comprehensive understanding of the background of each individual and prospect exists, with a personalized and differentiated approach to each donor developed.
- Drives awareness of the United Way, its mission, fundraising, and recruitment needs to the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Collaborates and coordinates with Community Campaigns COE as needed for the annual campaign for companies affiliated with the individual donors and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Collaboratively engages key volunteer leaders in the implementation strategies within assigned portfolio.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Community Impact, Finance and Volunteer Connection to tailor strategies for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Partners with Individual Donor Engagement COE to share and review information and reports to achieve mutual goals of increased participation and retention.
- Ensures the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio is managed, analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification. Tracks and evaluates effectiveness of strategies, campaigns, and overall results.
- Provides insight into the planning and execution of special events, participating in key events with donors, prospects, and the United Way and the communities and agencies supported.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required; master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fund-raising procedures and philosophies.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
Dynamic Leadership, Organizational/Strategic Planning, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient
Applicants should apply by Friday, June 25, 2021, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion