Department: Resource Development
Supervisor: Rebecca McAtee, Sr. Director, Leadership Giving
Status: Salary, Exempt, Full-time
This is a major gift officer position for our annual campaign responsible to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospective donors with the capacity to join Tocqueville Society ($10k and up annually). This position will have direct responsibility for a portfolio of 125+ current and prospective major donors.
- Qualify, cultivate, and solicit individual prospective donors for UWGLV through community engagement and prospect visits with existing and potential donors
- Steward and solicit existing individual donors for renewed and increased gifts to UWGLV’s annual campaign from an assigned portfolio
Work Experience and/or Education
5-plus years of professional work experience in a range of ANY of the following: major gifts solicitation, donor stewardship, fund-raising, direct appeals, high net-worth individual sales, working with board and committee members in a not-for-profit setting; a related Bachelor’s degree considered in lieu of work experience.
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation and compelling communication skills both one-on-one and with groups.
- Proven experience in personal relationship building, socializing professionally in both intimate settings and at larger social events.
- Familiarity with database software and customer service / donor management software.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
In addition to the base pay and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 4%-6% of base pay. The benefits package includes subsidized medical and dental insurance, fully paid life and ltd insurance, an employee funded vision insurance option, a 401k retirement plan with employer contributions and a generous paid leave policy.
Remote Work during Pandemic Response
This position is based in our office in Allentown, PA and post pandemic will have the expectation to report regularly to the office. During periods where public health officials are recommending telework to reduce the spread of infectious disease this position does as much work remotely in the virtual space as possible. A limited number of donors continue to expect in person meetings, so even during these times it may be necessary for the person in this role to report in person to the office and for donor interactions following all CDC guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply via: https://easyapply.co/job/leadership-gift-officer?rcid=uwglv or contact Mary Terp, Sr. Director, Human Resources, email@example.com, 610-807-5712