United Way of Northern New Jersey is seeking a temporary marketing and communications professional to support its work to achieve racial and financial equity for those individuals and families struggling to make ends meet, including ALICE® (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) and those in poverty.
United Way of Northern New Jersey is one of 1,800 United Ways around the world. Each United Way is an independent entity that serves a specific community. This United Way serves a five-county region including Morris, Somerset, Suburban Essex, Sussex, and Warren counties.
United Way raises funds and invests in solutions that positively impact the people in our community. We’re investing in ALICE’s future in the workplace, at home, and across the community.
As part of the Experience Team, which is dedicated to fortifying United Way Northern New Jersey by elevating stakeholder experiences at all touchpoints, this role will help to craft marketing and communications strategies, execute marketing and communications marketing plans, and develop marketing and communications assets. This work will be in support of key United Way of Northern New Jersey projects and programs, as well as fundraising/partner development outreach and events
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The Marketing & Communications Lead will:
- Work with program/project leads to develop multi-channel (online & offline) marketing and communications strategies
- Work with program/project lead to implement multi-channel (online & offline) marketing and communications strategies
- In collaboration with program/project leads and Marketing & Communications teammates, develop marketing and communications assets including, but limited to, email, direct mail, website content, social media content, presentations, speeches, talking points, brochures, and press materials
- Craft creative briefs that bring creative needs to life in such a way that informs and inspires those working on creative asset development
- Develop and manage timelines to ensure the timely delivery of marketing and communications assets
- Continually mine for key audience insights via research, data, and observations, and use those insights to inform marketing and communications strategies, tactics, and creative
- Regularly innovate, introducing new ideas for trial. This includes organizing and leading brainstorms
- Understand and fully embrace the service provider aspect of the position, treating program/project leads as valued customers
- Serve as a brand guardian by understanding the brand and the brand guidelines, and ensuring the brand is consistently presented and protected
- Keep Marketing & Communications teammates, cross-functional colleagues, and, when necessary, senior management, informed about marketing and communications developments
- Contribute to other projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or journalism
- At least seven years of marketing and communications work experience
- Exceptional and demonstrated writing skills
- At least three years of hands-on project management work experience
- Digital native with strong experience in all forms of digital marketing
- Outstanding time management skills
- A quick study
- Temporary position: 3–6-month assignment
- $40-45 per hour
- Approx 40 hours per week
- This job function uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, printers and photocopiers
- Currently remote position due to COVID 19 pandemic; please note that this is an on-site position, and the candidate may be required to return to office during this assignment
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.