Under minimal supervision, provides high-level administrative support and performs complex and diverse duties in support of the US President and a group of team members. Provides advanced administrative support for multiple programs and projects. Anticipates and initiates actions regarding office operations which require in-depth knowledge of the organization and other departments. Requires interpretation and resolution of highly varied situations and problems. May function as a coordinator of multiple projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Schedules diverse and complex appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements. May prepare complex itineraries for multiple constituents.
- Provides support for US board level committees. Coordinates team board reports.
- Attends high-level meetings; records, interprets, drafts, type, and distributes (pending approval) minutes of said meetings.
- Composes, prepares, and edits internal and external correspondence and documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails.
- Uses multiple software programs to develop, design, and update documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Types reports, memos, letters, and other documents. Organizes content provided by others and designs presentations.
- Greets visitors and clients and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals. Answers phone calls and directs calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing and mailing. Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence. Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and manage their distribution. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Makes recommendations to solve highly complex problems requiring research and information from multiple sources or advanced knowledge in a thorough and timely manner. Analysis and interpretation of widely varying situations. Achieves resolution through unique approaches and/or reference to a variety of policies, precedents, and past practices.
- Decision-making guided by varied and less defined instructions and practices requiring broader interpretation.
- Coordinates high profile events with timelines that range from weeks to months in advance. Planning typically requires coordination and input from multiple people/units. Coordinates mass mailings for high-profile events, conferences, retreats, and meetings.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary requirements and implementing changes.
- Serves as a training resource to less experienced staff regarding quality of work, policies and procedures.
- Monitors supplies and orders inventory; anticipates needed supplies; places and expedites orders; verifies receipt of supplies.
- Establishes supply budgets; selects vendors, uses signature and purchasing authorization. May authorize expenditures within certain limits. Responsible for staying within budget and following budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for contract management and processing invoices and expenses for multiple staff members.
- Often coordinates team wide initiative or activities on behalf of the entire team. (office move, team meetings, etc.)
- Develops, monitors, and reconciles budgets.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
- May deal with confidential issues and information using discretion and excellent judgment.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-836-7100 ext. 324 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
Requires a high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least five years of advanced level experience in a similar role. Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer and Internet research skills; flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required. Attention to detail is essential. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.