This position supports Licensing & Vendor Relationships team and the broader Finance department and reports to the Senior Manager Licensing & Vendor Relationships. Position requires a blend of analytic, creative, and customer service experience.
Primary responsibilities include running United Way Worldwide's (UWW) day-to-day operations of the licensed, branded product vendor program, assisting with vendor/procurement related projects, and supporting the team in a variety of areas.
Secondary responsibilities include administrative, technical, and hands-on support of the broader Finance team which may include: light Accounts Payable support, invoice/expense processing, administrative support of the acting CFO, and special projects.
The position performs a mix of complex, repetitive and diverse duties, and works under minimal supervision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Manages day-to-day administration of the licensed branded product vendor program, including:
- Responds to license applications and liaises with United Way Worldwide members.
- Works with licensing contracts and utilizes UWW’s Business Review process for contract approvals.
- Tracks dates for contracts, royalties due, and notifications.
- Plans/sends vendor communications.
- Leads a monitoring program to ensure the brand’s graphic standards are being met and other requirements of contracts are being filled.
- Conducts outreach to unlicensed vendors
- Maintains the official list of licensed vendors on United Way Online and in SalesForce.
- Manages royalty remittances.
- Maintains records, keys data, and coordinates with Accounting team on the proper recording of royalties.
Proposes new solutions and efficiency improvements to the licensed branded product vendor program.
Assists the team in supporting UWW tools for sharing broader vendor information with the network, including the Vendor Resource Center.
Supports the team on projects/duties related to procurement systems, vendor management, and special projects.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or commensurate experience.
- 2-3 years of advanced level experience in a similar role.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite with some exposure to DocuSign, SalesForce, and Internet research skills.
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience.
- Experience in the area of licensing or branded merchandise preferred.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters required.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.