Manage the UWW help desk function serving as the “first contact” support representative. Provide individual, advanced technology support for staff located both internally and externally to UWW. Triage and disseminate all technology and facilities related requests that arrive via email, phone, or in-person. Escalate and transfer out-of-band support request to appropriate UWW teams as needed working with customer until hand-off is complete. Working knowledge of the network infrastructure, equipment installation and configuration, and managing equipment maintenance contract and inventory. Broad knowledge of software installations and application use. Team player able to work with diverse groups in complex and stressful situations. Displays a high degree of trust, professionalism, with the ability to build and grow relationships.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage all aspects of the UWW Help Desk. First line of support contact via email, phone and in-person visits.
- Responsible for providing all new staff with formal IT and Facilities orientation. Orientation is followed up with online evaluation to measure staff satisfaction and to answer any additional questions or concerns. Provide new staff with a content specific, updated, welcome packet during their first day of employment with UWW.
- Provide additional one-on-one training for new staff as appropriate to acquaint them with IT policies and procedures, technology use, standardized applications and websites, account credentials and data security, and finally how they can get in touch with key support staff.
- Responsible for receiving, evaluating, researching and logging each support call/email to either troubleshoot and repair, or escalate to network engineers for consideration and/or repair. Support includes IP phones, desktops, laptops and attached peripherals.
- Perform third-party patch management on all desktop and laptops throughout the year ensuring known application vulnerabilities are being mitigated with critical industry updates or upgrades.
- Install IT equipment for new staff onboarded at UWW including offsite staff. Also responsible for staff and equipment relocations as organization changes. Coordinate moves with members of building services to ensure staff transitions are done smooth and with minimal downtime or disruption to relocated staff persons.
- Install various software applications and tools as needed by the various UWW teams for diverse types of projects. Track and inventory all UWW licensed software to ensure anti-privacy regulations are followed by UWW.
- Assist in maintaining current hardware asset inventory for the purposes of equipment depreciation costs and forecasting future hardware upgrades due to end-of-life dates being reached for legacy equipment. Responsible for adds/moves/changes/deletes. Confirm and cross reference bar code numbers with equipment. Provide inventory bar codes on all new equipment for inventory purposes.
- Install, as needed and approved, any non-standardized IT equipment devices to include scanners, label printers, barcode readers, etc.
- Back up to IT team member for AV and other equipment in all meeting rooms in the Mary Gates Learning Center and the Tower.
- Responds in a professional and timely manner to internal IT customer support inquiries relating to IT issues. Researches and resolves problems related to IT issues.
- Monitoring and responding to help desk tickets, perform equipment imaging and installation, equipment relocations, AV and online event support, meeting room resets, after hours special event support.
- Create documentation and quick reference guides for training purposes related to approved software, apps, and productivity tools used internally.
- Basic understanding of Local Area Networks, computer networking, network printing, etc.
- Basic understanding of data security and privacy as it relates to sensitive data.
- Basic understanding of various email threats to include phishing, spearphishing, whaling and best practices on how to avoid them.
- Working knowledge of the Windows OS and Apple IOS.
- Working knowledge of O365 productivity tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge OneDrive and Teams file management to include how to configure permissions.
- Working knowledge of the Zoom and Microsoft Teams virtual collaboration platforms.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Assist Senior Associate, Facilities to ensure staff workstations/offices and meeting spaces are ready for occupancy, furniture is arranged as required, and that spaces are clean and presentable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least two years of progressive experience in a similar role
- Ability to investigate problems, formulate solutions, and effectively communicate those solutions to internal customers and management
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated project management skills and abilities as applied to contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendor contracts
- Demonstrated ability to manage operating expense budgets and capital budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- 24 X 7 on call duty required
- Position is considered an “essential position” and requires to work on-site
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.