Join us to lead, design and build the next generation digital engagement platform for United Way Worldwide.The primary function of the Email Campaign Specialist (Lead Associate) is to execute the email strategy for digital engagement programs. The ideal candidate will be a talented, driven marketer, experienced in driving successful digital campaigns, who blends email expertise with an analytical mind. Must have a digital marketing background who has successfully executed, maintained, and optimized email campaigns. The Email Marketing Specialist will work with the Email Marketing Manager and Digital Services team to create and execute email campaigns to drive key metrics, including conversions, lead generation and fundraising activity on United Way’s digital properties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage day-to-day email marketing campaign execution, including planning, targeting, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and deliver highly-targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications.
- Work under the supervision of the Email Marketing Manager on the email production process and creation of every email, ensuring flawless execution.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Execute various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- QA the different versions of the email campaign, including rendering testing.
- Report on results and provide insights and recommendations.
- Optimize emails for deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc.
- Create documentation for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Interact with local United Way stakeholders on a daily basis and act as a representative of the Digital Services team.
- Ensure email messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of email marketing experience or online marketing in B2C, B2B2C, or nonprofit brands.
- BA/BS in related field such as marketing, analytics or statistics, communications or related field.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Strong understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, analytical and takes initiative.
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple project simultaneously, and review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, project, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Experience using Email Service Provider (ESP) tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred), Exact Target, CheetahMail, or Marketo.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred), Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, or Hubspot a big plus.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Photoshop skills a plus, but not required.
- Utilization of digital and social technologies.
- Demonstrated skills with Excel (i.e. formulas, pivot tables, formatting, et al.).
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.