Join us to lead, design and build the next generation digital engagement platform for United Way Worldwide. The primary function of the Digital Marketing Specialist (Lead Associate) is to execute the digital engagement strategy for our Digital Services program. The ideal candidate will be a talented, driven marketer, experienced in driving successful digital campaigns, who blends email and social media expertise with an analytical mind. Must have a digital marketing background who has successfully executed, maintained, and optimized digital marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work with the Email Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager and the Digital Services team to create and execute digital marketing campaigns to drive key metrics, including conversions, lead generation and fundraising activity on United Way’s digital properties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage day-to-day digital marketing campaign execution for the local United Ways within the Digital Services Operating Group.
- Able to be cross-trained for technical build-out and implementation of email, advertising, and social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and deliver highly targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications.
- Execute various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Report on digital results and provide insights and recommendations.
- Create documentation for processes, A/B tests, and digital marketing promotions.
- Interact with local United Way stakeholders on a daily basis and act as a representative of the Digital Services team.
- Ensure digital marketing messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience in B2C, B2B2C, or nonprofit brands.
- BA/BS in related field such as marketing, analytics or statistics, communications or related field.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Strong understanding of email and social media marketing concepts and metrics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, analytical and takes initiative.
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple project simultaneously, and review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, project, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Experience using Email Service Provider (ESP) tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred), Exact Target, CheetahMail, or Marketo.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred), Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, or Hubspot a big plus.
- Experience with social media platforms like Social Studio (preferred), HooteSuite, or Sprout Social.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Photoshop skills a plus, but not required.
- Utilization of digital and social technologies.
- Demonstrated skills with Excel (i.e., formulas, pivot tables, formatting, et al.).
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.