Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an annual work plan and goals in collaboration with the President of United Way of Greater Lima.
- Work with the President & Resource Development Director to develop overall strategy for the annual campaign.
- Establish and manage affinity groups focused on specific United Way initiatives in the community.
- Serve as the Labor Liaison for the United Way of Greater Lima and the AFL-CIO.
- Develop relationships with local union leaders to explore opportunities for programmatic collaboration and develop strategies to increase giving and volunteerism.
- Develop labor and community- based coalitions and partnerships and oversee efforts to highlight working family and social justice issues that are of mutual interest to United Way and Central Labor Council.
- Develop and support joint Labor-Management fundraising campaigns.
- Identify and assist with recruiting of labor volunteers for key United Way committees and Board of Directors.
- Attend local union meetings and training programs as deemed appropriate.
- Establish baseline data on giving and volunteerism to determine progress on established goals
and opportunities for growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the mission of United Way.
United Way and the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) have enjoyed a beneficial and long-lasting partnership that has engaged hundreds of thousands of working people—union members and non-members alike—in programs that benefit communities across the country, and assisted millions of workers in their time of need.
Experience as a relationship manager. Experience in organized labor and non-profit communities preferred. Experience working for social and economic justice, building community-labor coalitions and developing community partnerships. Training, volunteer management, and leadership development skills. A member in good standing with a union affiliated with the AFL-CIO or willing to become a member of a union affiliated with the Central Labor Council is preferred. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to develop relationships with both union and management. Project management skills. Strong organizational skills. Public Speaking. Computer skills.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.