United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and hybrid, flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community an equitable opportunity to live their best life.
The IT Support Technician ensures United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) staff members have secure and reliable access to network(s), hardware, and enterprise and specific org-approved software solutions. This position will provide regular, in-person and remote assistance to team members and is expected to be onsite four days a week. This position is expected to provide excellent customer service and IT support to our 80+ team members, helping non-technical users navigate their technology tools while ensuring a secure and policy-driven environment.
- Provision/setup laptops and other technology hardware
- Track and schedule preventive maintenance
- Provision and terminate accounts in enterprise software
- Conduct monthly security audits
- Lead all email, security, and backup efforts
- Resolve and manage IT help desk support, opening tickets with vendors as needed
- Ensure all system/driver/software patches updates are completed on each company owned endpoint
- Keep Wi-Fi, ethernet, and VPN network running including managing switches, cabling, firewall and internet connectivity
- Maintain inventory and maintenance records of all related technology related hardware
- Assist with staff education for enterprise software and hardware care through ongoing training and development of self-help tools
- Secure quotes and make recommendations for technology purchases
- Provide monthly reports on help desk, equipment status, and security risks
- Provide both remote and in person support/troubleshooting with end users
- Administrator Office 365, Exchange Online and Azure AD including SSO
- Domain name management including DKIM, CNAME records
- Manage relationships with technology vendors
- Other duties as assigned
The position is a non-exempt position with full benefits. $20-$25 hourly. Wage to commensurate with experience.
- Tech Savvy. Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot through a variety of methodologies
- Ability to rapidly learn, and integrate new practices and knowledge into your troubleshooting and support processes
- End-user Focus. Builds strong relationships with end-users, engages them in design and testing, and delivers user-centric solutions.
- Plans and Aligns. Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments that are aligned with organizational goals. Works to understand organizational goals and their contributions to them.
- 1-2 years of experience providing technical support and troubleshooting computer equipment remotely and in person or comparable education/certifications.
- Experience using deployment tools to image and update devices
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- Basic knowledge of, including but not limited to the following – Windows 10 & 11, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Azure Active Directory, virtual machine, networking fundamentals and protocols, Information security practices and NIST standards, computer devices and printer/scanner configuration and support, and end point protection.
- Ability to use and configure remote monitoring and management tools
Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Azure AD are a plus
The team member is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 65% of the time. The position requires occasional movement on- and offsite to attend meetings and presentations. Must be able to move light items such as paper, laptops and presentation materials up to 15lbs.