United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
For our 80+ year history, the heart of our work at UWNYC has and will continue to be about equity and justice. For nearly the past decade, our work uniquely centers around breaking down the systemic barriers that disproportionally set up communities of color with less opportunity for education, job training, food access, healthcare and essential services that empower self-sufficiency. All our work is done in alignment with our mission to mobilize communities to break down barriers and build opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers for the benefit of all. These efforts include research, collaboration, capacity-building, direct service, and resources in the areas of racial equity and justice, health equity, and workforce development. We are focused on building a healthy, strong, and self-sufficient community where all New Yorkers can thrive.
The IT Project Assistant and Trainer plays an important and key role within the IT Services department and reports directly to the VP, of IT Services. This person will play a role in not only in supporting the administrative needs of the department and IT projects, but is a key role in ensuring that all new staff of UWNYC are properly trained and onboarded to our IT systems, as well as, identifying and executing solutions to address the educational needs of existing staff as it relates to common or new technology deployed to improve staff collaboration and productivity.
- Work collaboratively with the IT project managers and team to maximize productivity and contributing to the entire project lifecycle.
- Coordinate efforts within the teams and with outside consultants efficiently
- Report project updates verbally and/or in written form as requested.
- Complete any requested administrative tasks, such as research, meeting minutes and scheduling.
- Train all new employees on proper use of hardware and software (IT onboarding)
- Design/Produce technical manuals using simple language
- Conduct role-specific training on tools and programs staff uses daily
- Research and recommend updated application productivity features
- Apply educational methods to engage trainees (e.g. gamification-based platforms)
- Perform regular organization-wide trainings/workshops (2 per quarter) on relevant topics as needed
- Provide content to organizational newsletter and Intranet site on regular basis that would improve staff productivity
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the industry
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to grasp and understand computer software at an intermediate level and above
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Significant hands-on experience with industry-specific software including Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint, Power Automate, and Microsoft Project and Planner.
- Collaborative working style, team-player attitude, positive and encouraging personality
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic, able to work independently with little supervision
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team’s success
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
How to apply
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “IT Project Assistant and Trainer" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer