United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful Manager, IT Operations, will need to be customer focused, possess excellent problem-solving abilities, intermediate level network & server skills and strong communication skills. The Manager, IT Operations is responsible for managing and supporting the company's networked computer systems and infrastructure, Web properties, cloud-based technologies, telephones and the connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the business. The position will have contact with all levels of UWNYC Staff, Board members and other key partners and stakeholders.
This role is also responsible for monitoring and assessing potential network risks and developing plans to deal with such incidents as well as project managing the implementation of all network technology and telecommunications systems with our network partners.
- Respond to request for technical assistance from staff
- Providing a single point of contact for staff for incident and problem management.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with in-house systems and IT infrastructure.
- Participating in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of IT support.
- Collaborate with team members to assess near and long-term network capacity needs and to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Manage virtual servers, firewalls, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Private Networks, and intrusion detection systems
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, incidents, change management and service records.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Design, manage and support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including call management systems, voicemail, and interactive voice response.
- Installs, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router/firewall administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education and 4 or more years’ experience managing a network for a medium or large size company. Industry standard certifications such as: CCNA, or CISSP are preferred.
- Experience with implementation and management of servers, virtual servers, networks, routers and firewalls. Must be able to support desktop users and Office applications. The ability to work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage the network infrastructure.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Server (build and manage) and Cisco systems
- Exposure to cloud-based IaaS, SaaS systems
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to create and maintain thorough technical documentation
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Personable, innovative and quick thinker
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of VOIP systems
- Adaptable, multi-task oriented and able to prioritize and meet both rigid and fluid deadlines
- Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to lead by example
Energetic, forward thinking and very creative with a high ethical standard and an appropriate professional image. Maintain confidentiality in all operations. Lifting of desktop and server hardware required.
- Service Orientation
- Critical Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
- Embracing & Managing Change
- Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Professional Skills & Knowledge
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the title "Manager, IT Operations" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.