Please Note: Thank you for your application and interest in United Way Worldwide. These uncertain times have disrupted our workflows and extended many application review timelines. Our promise to you, the candidate, is that we will contact you once there is an update on the position/s for which you applied. Thank you for your patience.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. As the largest private nonprofit in the world, United Way’s work effects over 1,800 communities around the globe. We specialize in forming community-led solutions to the world’s toughest problems. This internship position takes place at the United Way headquarters where you will work with the top nonprofit professionals in the world. Learn more at unitedway.org.
INTERN EXPERIENCE AT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
Interns at United Way Worldwide gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization. Our goal is to make every intern who works with us feel included, valuable, and productive. In addition to the hands-on experience you’ll receive working at the largest nonprofit in the world, you will be provided with weekly professional development workshops.
The internship opportunities are open to current students of a college program, or within 2 years of graduating. Applicants must be authorized to work within the United States and have all required documentation proving their authorization at the time of their application.
Are you interested in sports, and skilled in writing and content creation? United Way Worldwide has a long-time partnership with the NFL, and we are looking for an intern to join our team in this work. The intern will share digital content in support of the NFL Partnership via partnership social media handles and web platforms. They'll be exposed to how nonprofits and large corporations work together to make the world a better place.
On a weekly basis:
- Write one new blog entry for unitedway.org/nfl and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud.
- Write one new post each for NFL Partnership handles (twitter.com/UW_TEAM_NFL, facebook.com/teamnfl, instagram.com/nflunitedway/)
- Conduct online searches for content related to partnership work including NFL market local United Way/Team news and Character Playbook news and repost via NFL Partneship handles.
- Conduct online searches for content related to United Way Player(+) players and/or United Ways and repost via NFL Partnership handles.
- Ensure content is multi-purposed for NFL Partnership web platforms and build out key sections (player pages, teamwork, history).
- Use NFL Partnership handles to promote the partnership’s national initiatives and fundraising efforts.
- Develop content for engaging United Way Network in NFL Partnership via Breakfast Online.
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms and formats
- Graphic and video editing skills
- Weekly professional development workshops provided onsite
- Chance to meet and work with top nonprofit experts in the country
- Free coffee & tea onsite
- Free parking at United Way Worldwide’s parking garage
- Near Blue/Yellow Metro line (Braddock Metro Station)
This internship will take place remotely.
Fall 2020 Internships will take place from September 8 through November 25, 2020.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in an internship opportunity with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.