Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Do you want to use your visual storytelling skills to help “fight for the self-sufficiency of every low-income New Yorker?”
Be a part of the visual rebranding of the United Way of New York City as our new VIDEO EDITOR INTERN and VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER
This is a PAID INTERNSHIP. We are a lean team and at any given day, the Video Editor Intern will find themselves assisting our creative director multimedia producer on:
· Photo and Video Capture
· Photo and Video Editing for web and social platforms
· The ideal candidate possesses
· STRENGTH in ANIMATION AND GRAPHIC DESIGN
· FLUENCY in Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects
This position is ideal for an enthusiastic self-starter who is comfortable working independently and collaboratively. A robust social media following is a plus. Most importantly, we are in search of someone who has the heart and passion for our organization’s mission.
This is an exciting era for UWNYC, and it is a great opportunity to flex your journalistic and visual storytelling skills as we will be starting with a clean slate.
Graduate and Undergraduate students and recent graduates (less than 1 year). Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Hours and Duration
40 hours/week (Summer), Minimum 20hrs/week (Fall)
12 week internship
Cover Letter - Tell us why you would be a good fit for the job and what you would want to learn from this internship/mentorship program.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.