You believe in a culture of inclusive excellence and value the differences that make us each unique. You are professional and kind; curious and passionate about your work and studies; seek a stimulating and rewarding internship; and, sincere in your desire to help others. Join our internship program and gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way brings people, organizations, and communities together around a common cause, a common vision, and a common path forward. In many communities, we're the only nonprofit building up the cornerstones of education, financial stability and health—and the only nonprofit bringing people together from all walks of life to be a part of local solutions. We're engaged in nearly 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories, where people are powering big ideas and big action by donating, volunteering and speaking out through United Way.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Our culture is People First—we take it seriously and, because of that, we take good care of people. We encourage growth and upward mobility—and want you to succeed in a diverse, inclusive, and ethical workplace. Take action, join our Internship—apply now.
INTERN EXPERIENCE AT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
Interns at United Way Worldwide gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization. Our goal is to make every intern who works with us feel included, valuable, and productive. In addition to the hands-on experience you’ll receive working at the largest nonprofit in the world, you will be provided with weekly professional development workshops.
The internship opportunities are open to current students of a college program, or within 2 years of graduating. Applicants must be authorized to work within the United States and have all required documentation proving their authorization at the time of their application.
The Intern will support the United Way Worldwide Conferences and Event Solutions team. As part of the UWW Culture & Operations Group, Conferences and Events Solutions is a full-service experience engagement team dedicated to building a stronger network by bringing United Way to life for our global family of United Way staff, volunteers, partners and more. The Intern can expect to have a multi-faceted role on the team, supporting the development and implementation of marketing and communications for a variety of CES products, as well as supporting the execution of events, conferences and other engagement opportunities.
- Marketing and event engagement research analysis
- Cataloging multimedia assets from conferences and events
- Speaker management for conferences
- Building and curating a library of slides and templates that can be used across events
- Assistance in copy writing and editing
- Researching and proposing best practices in sustainability and inclusivity in event production, especially virtual events
- Assist with analysis of evaluation data and creating digestible reporting format
- Provide administrative support to any events that take place during incumbent's tenure"
- Experience with marketing, communications, journalism or another relevant field
- Experience with MS Office Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to learn unfamiliar software & technology platforms
- Proven experience with research and data-analysis
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Professional and positive attitude
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with Zoom/Zoom Webinar and other similar virtual meeting platforms
- Familiarity with Smartsheet or other project management tools
- Experience with providing excellent customer service
- Strong sense of self-initiative
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Weekly professional development workshops provided onsite
- Chance to meet and work with top nonprofit experts in the country
- Completely remote internship experience
This internship takes place 100% remote for the Spring 2021 semester.
Spring 2021 Internships will take place from January 18 – April 16.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Thank you for your interest in an internship opportunity with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.