You believe in a culture of inclusive excellence and value the differences that make us each unique. You are professional and kind; curious and passionate about your work and studies; seek a stimulating and rewarding internship; and, sincere in your desire to help others. Join our internship program and gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way brings people, organizations, and communities together around a common cause, a common vision, and a common path forward. In many communities, we're the only nonprofit building up the cornerstones of education, financial stability and health—and the only nonprofit bringing people together from all walks of life to be a part of local solutions. We're engaged in nearly 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories, where people are powering big ideas and big action by donating, volunteering and speaking out through United Way.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Our culture is People First—we take it seriously and, because of that, we take good care of people. We encourage growth and upward mobility—and want you to succeed in a diverse, inclusive, and ethical workplace. Take action, join our Internship—apply now.
INTERN EXPERIENCE AT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
Interns at United Way Worldwide gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization. Our goal is to make every intern who works with us feel included, valuable, and productive. In addition to the hands-on experience you’ll receive working at the largest nonprofit in the world, you will be provided with weekly professional development workshops.
The internship opportunities are open to current students of a college program, or within 2 years of graduating. Applicants must be eligible to work within the United States and have all documentation at the time of their application, including a Social Security Number.
The Intern will be a part of the International Network Operations & Engagement Team, whose overarching objective is to support our regional offices and teams to enable United Ways across the globe to more fully realize a shared mission and goals by leveraging support (resources, people, and info) both from United Way Worldwide (UWW) and from within the network itself.
- Story lead identification via social media platforms and local United Way websites.
- Creating stories from social media leads.
- Building an inventory of international United Way’s websites & social media sites region-by-region.
- Securing media (photo or video for which have permission to share) to accompany the “stories from the field”.
- Conduct research & formulate recommendations for UWW’s engagement with United Ways in Sister Cities as well as with US-based Diasporic Populations from other countries where there is a United Way.
- Template Creation.
- General research and analysis of current organizations, philanthropic environments, and other metrics; understanding the basics in collecting data and researching techniques required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The internship opportunity is open to recent graduates or current students of college programs.
- Background or interest in Nonprofits, International Studies, Business or other relevant fields.
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have research, analysis, and outreach skills.
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills along with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must have a good understanding of math, excel, and standard analysis functions.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be dependable.
- Experience working with virtual/online teams preferred.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Project management and team leadership experience preferred.
- International exposure and/or with multi-cultural groups preferred.
- Weekly professional development workshops provided onsite
- Chance to meet and work with top nonprofit experts in the country
This will be a 100% remote internship experience.
May 10 – July 30, 2021
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 571-360-6273 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Thank you for your interest in an internship opportunity with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.