Intern Finance & Operations
UNITED WAY OF COLLIER AND THE KEYS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Intern Finance & Operations
Reports to: VP of Finance and Operations
Department: Finance and Operations
Location: Onsite - Naples, Florida
Purpose of Position
United Way of Collier and the Keys (UWCK) mission is to advance the common good by investing in the building blocks of a good quality of life: education, income, health, and safety-net services. This intern position will work for United Way of Collier and the Keys providing general administrative and programmatic support providing humanitarian aid to Collier and Monroe County residents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- General office functions such as paper or electronic filing, organizing, etc, as directed
- Assist Finance in creating payment disbursements to vendors
- Regular, simple maintenance and updates to website pages
- Review voicemail messages daily and respond within 24 hours, either personally or by passing them to the appropriate UWCK staff member
- Monitor email account daily, responding promptly
- Assist in creation of marketing materials, as needed
- Data entry for client program enrollment
- Write and review documents with direction from other staff
- Provide intake, resources and referral support to residents as needed
- Assist with Social Media posts and announcement of services available
- Support ordering and invoicing of supplies
- Provide assistance as requested to other staff for ongoing projects and operations
- High School diploma.
- Data entry and computer skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to read, write, understand, and speak English fluently.
- Able to maintain accurate records and ensure confidentiality
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid Florida driver’s license, and a good driving record.
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The United Way of Collier County and the Keys values diversity in the workplace and among our agencies and customers. We provide equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law. Furthermore, The United Way of Collier County and the Keys is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.