ABOUT THE DIVERSITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
This is a paid internship opportunity with great perks such as free on-site parking. The internship position is part of an initiative by the Diversity & Inclusion department to recruit skilled interns with diverse backgrounds to enhance the United Way’s ability to communicate and problem-solve effectively with communities across the globe. Share your unique perspectives and experiences to advance our mission. Interns will be provided with regular professional development and leadership workshops to prepare you for your career.
United Way is expanding its digital presence like never before. Be a part of a team that is building the future of our organization by working with our Digital Services team. Interns will work closely with the Digital Service department staff to support United Way’s network of over 1800+ locations as it relates to digital marketing.
This internship will run from January 21, 2019 to April 26, 2019.
- Work across United Way departments to improve marketing strategy and outreach.
- Assist Local United Ways through Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Social Studio.
- Create and provide recommendations for Customer Support flow to manage Salesforce Cases and requests from Local United Ways.
- Work with the Diversity & Inclusion department to enhance digital assets and web presence including web design, social media, blog posts, video, and more.
- Research best-practices, offer feedback, and provide general support in the development of the Diversity & Inclusion internship program.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Interest in learning about digital marketing strategies including social media, email, and advertising.
- Experience in communications, graphic design, marketing, and/or computer science a plus but not required.
- Organized, creative, and analytical thinking skills.
- Quick-learner, with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working daily with a computer to complete work.
- Strong teamwork skills to see a project to completion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted through November 28, 2018. You may apply for this internship position by visiting www.careers.unitedway.org. If you have any questions, please contact Aaron Gibson, Project Manager, Diversity & Inclusion Department at email@example.com, or 703.836.7100 ext. 459.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. As the largest private nonprofit in the world, United Way’s work effects over 1,800 communities around the globe. We specialize in forming community-led solutions to the world’s toughest problems. Learn more at unitedway.org.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.