ABOUT THE DIVERSITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
This is a paid internship opportunity with great perks such as free on-site parking. The internship position is part of an initiative by the Diversity & Inclusion department to recruit skilled interns with diverse backgrounds to enhance the United Way’s ability to communicate and problem-solve effectively with communities across the globe. Share your unique perspectives and experiences in content creation, product development, and implementation as it relates to all segments of our society. Serve on a team that will solve highly-complex problems to build broader and more inclusive technology platforms.
The Journalism Digital Specialist Intern will support the United Way by creating digital content for the United Way network. Interns will work closely with United Way staff in the Digital Service department to curate blogs, stories, and reports to highlight United Way’s work around the globe.
This internship will run from September 3, 2018 - December 7, 2018.
- Research, document, and draft content for United Way’s new Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud.
- Develop processes and strategies for generating content that captures United Way’s work from around the globe.
- Work with the Diversity & Inclusion department to enhance digital assets and web presence including web design, social media, blog posts, video, and more
- Research best-practices, offer feedback, and provide general support in the development of the Diversity & Inclusion internship program
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Background in journalism, communications, marketing, or other relevant field.
- Interest in learning about digital marketing strategies including social media, email, and advertising.
- Organized, creative, and analytical thinker.
- Quick-learner, with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working daily with a computer to complete work.
- Strong teamwork skills to see a project to completion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted through August 31, 2018. You may apply for this position by visiting www.careers.unitedway.org. When applying, please indicate your interest in the position, and describe what diversity and inclusion means to you as a student/young professional.
If you have any questions, please contact Aaron Gibson, Project Manager, Diversity & Inclusion Department at email@example.com, or 703.836.7100 ext. 459.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. As the largest private nonprofit in the world, United Way’s work effects over 1,800 communities around the globe. We specialize in forming community-led solutions to the world’s toughest problems. Learn more at www.unitedway.org.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.