ABOUT THE UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
The internship provides an opportunity to gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization. This opportunity is open to recent graduates or current students of a college program. The intern is expected to demonstrate a keen interest in nonprofits, as well as have project management abilities, proficiency with technology, attention to detail, flexibility in handling multiple projects, and ability to sometimes handle and protect confidential information.
This internship will run from early September 2018 – early December 2018.
The Intern will be a part of the Investor Relations/Corporate Relations Team, whose objective is to enable United Ways and Corporate Partners across the region to more fully realize our shared mission and goals by leveraging support (resources, people, and info) both from United Way Worldwide (UWW) and from within the network itself.
During the internship, the intern is scheduled to meet with United Way staff in multiple departments including public policy and advocacy, international fundraising, international network, human trafficking, marketing, research, and other areas. This provides a significant opportunity to conduct internal networking and career information gathering.
- Develop standard operations procedure manual
- Assist with the Development and enhancement of monthly and quarterly performance and financial reports and dashboards
- Assist with partnership managers with the creation of project plans (Smartsheet)
- Support the development of executive Board Reports
- Complete ad-hoc projects as needed
- Develop approval workflows to ensure all materials are legal and compliance approved for external distribution
- Act as an internal point of contact for marketing or partner-related requests
- Work closely with solution leaders to develop sales tools across products
- Create and update marketing materials such as presentations, product sheets and partner reports to support partnership managers
- Support efforts in positioning and communicating strategies and products with existing and potential partners.
- Collaborate with team members and relationship managers to generate ideas on enhancing partner recognition efforts
- Complete ad-hoc marketing projects as needed
- The internship opportunity is open to recent graduates or current students of college programs.
- Background or interest in nonprofits, fundraising, Business or other relevant fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and proven ability to learn other software and technology;
- Proficiency with the use of Smartsheet and other project management applications
- Notable attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through, and outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, and excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to work independently, knowing when to escalate issues as appropriate.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. As the largest private nonprofit in the world, United Way’s work effects over 1,800 communities around the globe. We specialize in forming community-led solutions to the world’s toughest problems. Learn more at www.unitedway.org.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.