ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. As the largest private nonprofit in the world, United Way’s work effects over 1,500 communities around the globe. We specialize in forming community-led solutions to the world’s toughest problems. This internship position takes place at the United Way headquarters where you will work with the top nonprofit professionals in the world. Learn more at unitedway.org.
INTERN EXPERIENCE AT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
This internship will occur between late January and early April 2020.
Interns at United Way Worldwide gain valuable learning and working experience at a leading nonprofit organization. Our goal is to make every intern who works with us feel included, valuable, and productive. In addition to the hands-on experience you’ll receive working at the largest nonprofit in the world, you will be provided with weekly professional development workshops. Other opportunities include mentorship pairing, cross-department projects, volunteer events, and more. If you have the drive to advance common good in communities across the world, then United Way Worldwide has the internship opportunity for you.
The internship opportunities are open to current students or recent graduates of a college program. The intern is expected to demonstrate a keen interest in nonprofits, as well as interest in a field of study related to the position.
The U.S. Network team at United Way Worldwide is seeking an intern to assist in a project related to creating a performance framework (utilizing prioritization of Local United Way Markets Model + Scorecard Design). This intern will work closely with the SVP Network Strategy for the U.S. network and other key stakeholders within United Way Worldwide.
- Creating the performance framework (prioritization of Local United Way markets + custom scorecard designs for markets) utilizing Microsoft Excel, Smart Sheets, Salesforce and other data visualization tools.
- Responsible for translating strategic objectives into a set of performance indicators for our markets.
- Local market summary (scorecards) that allows us to see key measures and indicators at a high level – it should be built into Salesforce as our CRM solution.
- Analyizing large data sets from different sources to create holistic and predictive views.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pursuing or obtained bachelors degree in computer science, business, finance, or other related field
- Business Requirements gathering, scorecard design, predictive modeling experience preferred
- Experience with business analytics and/or data analysis, predictive modeling and forecasting
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Smart Sheets and Salesforce is required
- Experience with Agile methodology a plus but not required
- $100 semi-monthly travel stipend provided
- Weekly professional development workshops provided onsite
- Chance to meet and work with top nonprofit experts in the country
- Free coffee & tea onsite
- Free parking at United Way Worldwide’s parking garage
- Near Blue/Yellow Metro line (Braddock Metro Station)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
United Way Worldwide opposes discrimination of any form as evident in our Diversity and Inclusion Statement of Principle. For more information, read our statement and download the report. We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.