The Manager of Individual Engagement & Gifts will oversee relationship building and management with key donor groups under $10,000 and work with the Director of Major Gifts to grow donors to the $10k+ level and the strategy team to create strategies for growth. Will adhere to the principles and philosophy of United Way of Greater Knoxville (UWGK).
- Implement engagement strategies to reach goals related to Individual-Resource Development (RD) to meet the annual campaign goal. Develop, maintain, and support relationships with individuals that currently support our mission.
- Creates and manages individual donor (up to $10,000) communications throughout the calendar year
- Identifies and directly engages donors that are part of company campaigns
- Foster Individual Giving Relationships with the Director of Major Gifts
- Solicit & engage new individual donors at all giving levels
- Actively engage individual donor(s); be customer, donor, and volunteer-centered at all times
- Identify new avenues for public communication regarding our work
- Donor specific engagement communication
- Serve as staff liaison along with the Director of Major Gifts to Affinity Groups; identifies and implements new affinity groups for increased donor engagement
- Develop strategies and plan to engage donors – increased volunteering leads to increased giving
- Individual Donor Data management
- Responds to data requests from donors
- Manages data for individual givers
- Supports engagement events for major gifts; creates and organizes events for lower giving thresholds
- In tandem with the Director of Major Gifts, develops and manages a comprehensive individual donor communication strategy focused on retention and recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Nonprofit, or related field. Equivalent life experience accepted.
- Two-three years of experience in resource development, fundraising, special events, and planned giving.
- Background in complex organizations of commensurate size and scope.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to the satisfaction of doing meaningful work, we offer:
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive Pay
- Inclusive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options that start on the first of the month after your start date
- 100% paid Basic Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- 100% paid Family Medical Leave, including 4 additional weeks of Paternal leave
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off with no waiting period to use
- 5 days of Volunteer Time Off
- Plus 11 Paid Holidays!
- 401k eligibility starts on day 1 (Yes! On your first day!) with a matching contribution!
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF GREATER KNOXVILLE
United Way of Greater Knoxville is a vibrant organization committed to mobilizing the caring power of the communities we serve in ways that benefit us all. Led by a dynamic leadership team, we have tremendous opportunities for growth and transformation. Due to the changing nature of our work, we are seeking relationship-driven, forward-thinking, and action-oriented individuals to join our team. We enthusiastically encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
United Way of Greater Knoxville Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for every person's health, education, and financial stability in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion for every person in every community.
For more information and a full description of this position please click here