***THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO THE UNITED WAY OF MIDLAND COUNTY IN MIDLAND, MICHIGAN***
This position combines the love of data with the art of visualization and impact. The Impact Manager will be responsible for researching local, state, and national data to create visual dashboards and reports in support our impact agenda. They will also help drive our work in listening to the community and theming conversations along with leveraging our internal data for national and local reporting. The ideal candidate is curious, a creative problem solver and has a high attention to detail. Experience in research, working with complex data sets and data interpretation is ideal. This position seeks a candidate that is highly collaborative, detail-oriented and are excited to join an exceptional team driven to create measurable change in the community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
• Support HHSC agenda and visualization
• Issue area data collection and dashboards
• Lead Community Conversation scheduling
• Drive issue area updates | reports
• Manage MOU for impact work
• Collect and disseminate issue-area data (local, state, federal)
• Create dashboards by issue area
• Health and Human Services dashboard
• Hunger Connections dashboard
• Community Conversations theming | dashboarding
• Collect and synthesize data and community group activities & priorities
• Schedule community conversations
• Dashboard community conversation themes
• Create monthly CEO issue area updates
• Synthesize notes/priorities from community groups |document and align to focus issues
• Prepare and manage MOUs for collective impact work, other contracts
• SingleCare | MyFreeTaxes | 211 database | other impact products
• National/local impact reports (Global Results Framework)
The successful candidate will have all or most of the following attributes:
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience in a relevant position.
Intermediate Excel skills.
Strong attention to detail, data and dashboard management skills.
Data visualization experience in Plateau or similar platform.
Minimum Salary for the role:
All of the roles within United Way of Midland County have pay ranges that commensurate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the successful candidate. The minimum salary for this position is $42,000.
About United Way of Midland County
United Way brings our community together to improve lives. We amplify individual passion to take on our toughest challenges together. We don’t focus on a single issue because change is bigger than one organization or program. We partner with nonprofits and invest in programs that show measurable outcomes—every year. Together, we create new solutions to old problems and join with people from all walks of life to put those solutions into action.
We make it easier to make a difference, whether it’s through time, money or lifting your voice. We are more than fundraisers. We are the hand raisers, the game changers.
United Way of Midland County unites our community to improve lives to ensure all individuals and families are thriving and living their full potential.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
United Way of Midland County stands firmly against all acts of discrimination by individuals, organizations and systems that prevent community members from reaching their full potential based on race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. As a board and staff, we commit to serving as a leader and partner with those committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; changing our mindset and challenging and confronting our beliefs, policies, and practices.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. This position may also require travel.