May 28, 2020
Job Announcement – Human Resources Generalist
United Way of King County’s mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Our culture fosters leadership, open communication, teamwork and collaboration, integrity, and, accountability.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join the Human Resources Team.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Human Resources, this position is responsible for performing a variety of general human resources functions and providing administrative support to the Vice President of Human Resources. The position provides support in recruitment, budget, team logic model, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, training and career development. Administrative functions include maintaining files and records to ensure compliance, updating HR policies and procedures manual, preparing written correspondence, and completion of quarterly reports and projects as necessary.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
The recruiting salary range is $61,500-$ 64,500 – DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of HR, maintains calendar, prepares meeting agendas and coordinates quarterly and annual reports, HR logic model and Balanced Scorecards (BSC)
- Completes internal analysis and reports including exit surveys, engagement surveys, 360-degree feedback, and other internal surveys.
- Performs recruitment activities including posting, advertising, interviewing, background and reference checking, and other recruitment-related function
- Administers online performance management system to help ensure timely processing reviews
- Monitors HR’s logic model (strategic plans) and performance Balance Scorecard
- Supports HR activities, orders HR supplies, tracks expenses and budget, updates the UWKC organization chart, and handles HR department mail
- Designs and analyzes various employee surveys, develops findings and makes recommendations
- Serves as a Liaison with United Way Worldwide training programs including conference coordination and the Flexible Credit program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in business management, human resources or related field is preferred. Three years’ demonstrated office administration experience is required. At least one year experience in human resources is required. A minimum of two-years’ +experience working in Human Resources or related environment is highly desired. Human Resources certification a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated administrative, organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively under deadlines and pressures
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate effectively with staff
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammatical composition and proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to handle a broad scope of confidential and proprietary information, using sound judgment, discretion, diplomacy, tact and courtesy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse staff across teams in a collaborative, constructive and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management skills broadly, across work tasks and interact with internal staff/others and to manage relationships in situations, where difference of opinion may exist over policy, procedural or related matters
- Advanced proficiency level in Microsoft applications. Proficiency in Acrobat Pro, SharePoint and Visio experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated high level of accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in an efficient and resourceful manner
JOB CONDITIONS AND DEMANDS:
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. Contacts often contain discussion about confidential/sensitive information. Performs analysis and communicates results in an informational capacity with staff. Contacts are sometimes made at supervisor’s request; sometimes on own initiative and usually by telephone or e-mail and are typically with other employees and some outside persons, including vendors and persons seeking employment with UWKC.
Job involves a moderate degree of complexity or difficulty due to management requirements of multiple tasks and time constraints. Position works under constant time requirements/constraints in a fast-paced, changing environment.
This job position performs other assignments and performs other duties as deemed necessary by United Way of King County. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.