November 8, 2019
Job Announcement: HR Director of Talent, Equity, and Development
United Way of King County is building a community where people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. If you’re passionate about people, diversity, racial equity & inclusion initiatives, and organizational development, then we would love for you to join our Human Resources Team as our HR Director of Talent, Equity, and Development.
The HR Director of Talent, Equity and Development works under the general direction of the Vice President of Human Resources and plays a key role in implementing a variety of human resources and organizational development strategies. This position is responsible for managing talent acquisition, implementing key diversity, racial equity and inclusion initiatives, and managing the organizational development and change management initiatives that enable and drive a high performance culture for United Way of King County. This position will also develop strategies for staff development and engagement, collaborate with leaders of the organization on performance management, assist with conducting organizational surveys and assessments, and provide solutions to organizational challenges.
• Develop strategies, design processes and lead all talent management practices including onboarding and recruitment.
• Conduct in-house training and recruit outside trainers to accomplish staff and organizational and staff development needs
• Provide strategic leadership on the implementation of diversity, racial equity and inclusion initiatives.
• Assess organizational needs and drive comprehensive solutions in areas such as performance management, training, and staff development.
• Coach and counsel managers on organizational matters, performance issues, and equitable practices.
• Co-develop effective change management strategies and ensure successful implementation.
• Conduct legal research to ensure that UWKC policies and procedures meet compliance standards and legal requirements.
• Help build and maintain a culture that fosters high performance, growth, innovation, collaboration, and support.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of HR practices, procedures, laws, and regulations (including hiring, performance management, and organizational development).
• Demonstrated success in helping achieve diversity, racial equity & inclusion as an organizational value.
• Demonstrated success in achieving high level results across multiple HR disciplines.
• Demonstrated success at creating and implementing HR strategies and achieving results.
• Demonstrated success leading organizational change and helping others adjust to a constantly changing environment of high expectations.
• Proficient in verbal and written communications.
• Demonstrated success in coaching/counseling managers and employees across a wide spectrum of HR, performance, and talent management issues.
• Demonstrated success building collaboration within and across team; demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels to obtain successful organizational outcomes and move projects forward.
• Demonstrated success applying analytics and solving complex human resource and organizational challenges.
• Demonstrated success working effectively with diverse populations and in high-pressure situations is essential.
• Intermediate to Advance Microsoft Office skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Organizational Psychology, or a related field. Seven years’ experience in Human Resource Management in an organization similar in complexity to United Way of King County preferred. Master’s degree and SHRM Certified Professional or S/PHR certification desirable.
The annual recruitment range is $90,500-$100,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. First review will be on Monday, December 2, 2019; don’t hesitate, please apply here today.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
• Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
• Working with diverse staff and other constituents
• Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
• Exciting and challenging work
• Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
• Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
Additionally, we offer a full package of competitive benefits for our full-time, regular staff. Benefits include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance services
• Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
• 10 paid scheduled holidays
• 1 floating holiday and 1 discretionary day off
• Catastrophic leave
• Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
• 403(b) retirement savings plan and employer match
• Other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.