Reports to: Director, IT Services
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
The Helpdesk provides a single point of contact for internal users and assists in
incident and problem management. The helpdesk provides advice & guidance and acts as the interface between the support areas and our IT customers.
The Helpdesk operates between the hours of 8:30 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday, with the exception due to incident or change management related work.
The successful Helpdesk Analyst will need to be customer success driven and possess an excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance from UWNYC staff
- Provide a single point of contact for UWNYC staff for incident and problem management.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with the UWNYC IT infrastructure.
- Assist in the implementation of the UWNYC Helpdesk & Service Support procedures.
- Assist with incident management. Accurately documents the diagnosis, investigation, and resolution of each incident.
- Escalate incidents where necessary.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of IT support.
- Assist in the preparation of service metrics and management reports.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Candidate should have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams. A familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint & Azure.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent and experience serving in a technology helpdesk capacity.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and within a team environment and with diverse constituencies.
- Adaptable, multi-task oriented and able to prioritize and meet both rigid and fluid deadlines
- Personable, innovative, and quick thinker
- Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity, and professionalism
- Ability to lead by example
- Brand Steward
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Planning and Project Management
- Service Orientation
- $ 59,495 - $ 79,327*
- The final determination of salary, within this range, will depend on the candidate’s education, skills and experience required for the particular position.
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Background check
- UWNYC is presently on a Hybrid/In-Person work schedule
United Way of NYC Core Competencies for All Staff
- Mission Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before processes and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement
- Results Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good: creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to apply:
Please apply on our United Way of New York City career page. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer