Position: Health Navigation Supervisor
Reports to: Vice President, Health Equity
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
The Healthcare Navigator Supervisor (HNS) represents the next level of support of for the Choose Healthy Life Standard. In addition to management of the PHN’s, this position has the critical role of project management of the ten-twenty, local part-time PHN’s to ensure flawless programming and implementation of Wellness Hubs /Wellness Wednesdays and the Blue Print for Wellness at designated locations. This position reports to and is employed full-time by the local United Way agency in their target city. The HNS manages all the programmatic activities and implementation of the Blue Print for Wellness across the church locations and is responsible to ensure that the local PHN is following all protocols and reporting. The HNS works weekly to ensure that all partners understand the challenges, best practices, communication, and care to the local community.
Manages the “Choose Healthy Life” program by supporting Public Health Navigators (PHNs) and through effective collaboration with all program partners by implementing “Wellness Hubs,” Wellness Wednesdays, and the Blue Print for Wellness through the church. The HNs also works to support and assist the church in creating health education forums, health fairs and other programmatic activities that create sustainable health promotion efforts in the church. HNS continue to support the ongoing fight to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the underserved Black communities.
The HNS will provide performance feedback to PHNs and work with the Clergy leadership should an intervention be necessary. This role will be responsible for training and ensure that data established tracking is followed.
The following are the job duties and activities that the United Way should consider when making or reviewing any nominations for the full-time HNS role:
- Support, educate and provide direction for the 20 Public Health Navigators in region including performance feedback to Clergy as needed – The HNS will engage in regular meetings with each of the PHN’s in their locale. Reviewing their data collection and ensuring a consistent approach with each testing event is vital.
- Design and develop in collaboration with the PHNs, clergy leaders a church-based Wellness Hub and Wellness Wednesday activities. Monitor BFW testing referrals, assist with care coordination and closed loop referrals to ancillary services for consumer participants. Testing and promotion of vaccinations for Covid-19.
- Develop data collection and referral tools to track program progress and performance measures.
- Communicate regularly with program partners and alert DFA, UW, PHNs and our testing and community partners of any gaps in the delivery of the program and/or makes recommendations of best practices. The HNS will meet with other HNS to discuss what is going on in their regions and to share ideas and best practices.
- Potentially assist in the recruitment process of other health navigators – The HNS’s will recruit as needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree health/research or a minimum of 2 years of experience in public health programming
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills in a team environment
- Accurate data/dashboard reporting skills
- Able to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to communicate with kindness, respect, and empathy
- Network Oriented
- Strategic Relationship Building & Collaboration
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Relationship Oriented
- Brand Steward
- Program Development & Implementation
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Background check
How to apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Health Navigation Supervisor" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer