Guest Relations Coordinator
Why Work for United Way: Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads (UWSHR), you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We work hard because we love what we do and we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team!
Objectives & Expectations: This position serves as the front desk telephone and walk-in coordinator for United Way of South Hampton Roads. This individual will have knowledge and an understanding of the organization to be able to respond effectively to different kinds of telephone inquiries, as well as the provision of general information. Primary responsibilities include:
• Receives and relays incoming calls and messages.
• Greets and announces visitors to proper departments.
• Sorts incoming mail.
• Assists with the daily mail deposits.
• Distributes all incoming packages to the appropriate employee.
• Assists Workplace Campaign Manager and Controller with any special projects as needed/assigned.
• Must be courteous, tactful, and, most of all, have patience.
• Verifying deliveries to the front desk to ensure current information.
• Knowledge of conference room calendars to ensure incoming partners and volunteers are directly properly.