United Way of Northern New Jersey is seeking a Graphic Designer to support its work to achieve racial and economic equity for those individuals and families struggling to make ends meet, including ALICE® (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) and those in poverty.
United Way of Northern New Jersey is one of 1,800 United Ways around the world. Each United Way is an independent entity that serves a specific community. This United Way is unlike any other in the country, running both a national research organization called United For ALICE as well as serving community needs across a five-county region including Morris, Somerset, Suburban Essex, Sussex, and Warren counties.
The funds raised by this United Way are invested in unbiased data insights, innovative solutions, and on-the-ground impact to address financial hardship, improving life for ALICE and all.
Department: Creative Department
Reports to: Senior Graphic Designer
As part of the Experience Team, this role will fulfill the design and production layout work for United For ALICE research products including reports and marketing materials.
• In collaboration with program/project leads and Marketing & Communications teammates, design, layout, and produce United For ALICE research products, including but not limited to reports, fact sheets, issue briefs, web-based tools, and presentations (including general text, data tables, graphs, edits to layout, and general presentation)
• In collaboration with program/project leads and Marketing & Communications teammates, design supporting marketing materials and templates needed for United For ALICE, including but not limited to social media content, presentations, brochures, event collateral and press materials.
• Serve as a brand guardian by understanding the brand and the brand guidelines, and ensuring the brand is consistently presented and protected
• Develop and manage timelines and ensure the timely delivery of products
• Regularly innovate, introduce new ideas, and participate in brainstorming with the team
• Understand and fully embrace the service provider aspect of the position, treating program/project leads as valued customers
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or other related field
• 3-5+ years of experience in Graphic Design or related field
• Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong technical knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
• Technical knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Understanding of color and design theory and typography
• Experience and/or knowledge in marketing and branding
• Maintain high levels of professional confidentiality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and timely follow-up
• An understanding of cross-functional team dynamics along with the ability to facilitate effective interactions by working collaboratively with representatives from different departments
Other Preferred Requirements:
• Experience in web design and development a plus
• Proficiency working cross-platform from PC to MAC
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• $55,000 to $65,000 salary range
• Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
• This job function uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, printer, and photocopiers
• Hybrid: Primarily remote, some office meetings with staff
Email cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Tom.Cordasco@UnitedWayNNJ.org
Equal Opportunity Policy: United Way of Northern New Jersey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.