Organization: United Way of the Midlands
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
UWM’s Mission: To UNITE our community’s CARING SPIRIT to build a STRONGER tomorrow.
UWM Guiding Principles:
- Build TRUST in everything we do
- Extend GRACE by thinking beyond yourself
- Show GRIT by bringing it every day
- Be OPEN to embrace others’ differences
- Actively ENGAGE by listening and sharing
- Live CURIOUSLY to learn constantly
As an organization that has been around for nearly 100 years, United Way of the Midlands (UWM) has maintained a long-standing commitment to addressing social injustice by serving the underserved and partnering with other organizations that are striving to create a more equitable community.
Our marketing team is looking to add a highly creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and electronic media. With the story we have to share, we see graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires.
Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable. Collaboration with other team members within the department and/or across the organization is critical for success in this role. It’s a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail and strong time management skills on multiple projects and brands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create print and digital marketing assets to be used across a variety of channels
- Support the Brand and Creative Director in taking photographs and editing video footage
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule with exceptional quality
- Translate strategic direction into appealing design within an established brand identity and working in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Communications.
- Support the marketing team at special events
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7 years’ experience with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Driving is an essential function of this position.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with photography and video editing
- Experience with Wordpress preferred but not required
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must demonstrate UWM’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Must be highly organized, responsive and be able to handle multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Must be a great teammate that cares deeply about the overall success of UWM.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail skill.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Regularly reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Shared health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria and gym
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to resume@UWMidlands.org